Recent purchases - Part II

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by scott.m, Feb 1, 2010.

1. Synthese

Synthese Darth Millennial Dubiously Honored

no, I bought this stuff at IF boutique. Thats why I dont got pics also.

speaking of which, love the SAs there, except for this dumb black girl working the counter that day who was an absolute dunce.

Did you like the selection there? That's one of the places I'm pretty excited about checking out. And, of course, I'll have to make a pilgrimage to atelier.

2. driveslowk

driveslowk Senior member

IF is pretty cool, definitely worth checking out. There's a lot of stuff you can't see elsewhere like Paul Hardnen, etc.

3. Ascent

Ascent Senior member

Got my Bless shorts, fucking huge so hard to figure out how to wear them; guess I'll wear them as an oversized wrap over some jeans or pants.

4. Lane

Lane Senior member

Did you like the selection there? That's one of the places I'm pretty excited about checking out. And, of course, I'll have to make a pilgrimage to atelier.
    yup, Ive been there before but they didnt have anything in my size. This time they had a hefty amount of goods that I got to enjoy trying on. I think a person with your type of style will love it because they have a pretty good variety of items there. Its the only boutique in the US that carries the Soloist as well. I was absolutely blown away by how amazing every piece from that collection is. Also, to clarify so I dont seem like an asshole. The girl at the counter inadvertently called me and my brother homosexuals even though I clarified that he was my brother she said if you guys were a couple you would have been perfect...Who says that shit? Guy helping me out got pissed at her, lol. I know jet will enjoy this though.

5. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Pulled the trigger on the iPad2, pretty happy with it.

6. flyguy7

flyguy7 Senior member

n00b: what is IF boutique? need more shopping sites

7. Synthese

Synthese Darth Millennial Dubiously Honored

8. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Pulled the trigger on the iPad2, pretty happy with it.

My wife is a gadget nerd, and got hers pretty much the day it came out. My kids love it for games nd movies as well. Me, I am a luddite, and have not touched the thing. What are it's best qualities?

9. macuser3of5

macuser3of5 Senior member

My wife is a gadget nerd, and got hers pretty much the day it came out. My kids love it for games nd movies as well. Me, I am a luddite, and have not touched the thing. What are it's best qualities?
    lazy, lazy internet browsing. unbeatable really.

10. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

n00b: what is IF boutique? need more shopping sites

It's a cool shop. I'll probably check it out if I have time, in a couple of weeks. I'll freely admit, this is the one shop I was unfamiliar with, that jet schooled me on. Of course, he wasn't nice about it, but that's sort of par for the course.

11. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

lazy, lazy internet browsing. unbeatable really.

For the most part, yes but it seems perfect for travelling. I was looking to get a netbook for like a year now but the iPad (or a tablet) seems like a better choice. You can watch movies (a plus for me since I have a Netflix subscription, I can also stream movies from my PC), reading e-books/e-magazines/e-comics, used as a notepad (I use this on my iphone more than I expected), games and can be a sketchbook too, this apps pretty bad-ass:

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

There are a lot of other apps too, I've barely started playing with it but it seems to be capable of a lot of things like GPS, work presentations, file management, etc...

12. the shah

the shah Persian Bro #2 and enabler-in-chief

It's a cool shop. I'll probably check it out if I have time, in a couple of weeks. I'll freely admit, this is the one shop I was unfamiliar with, that jet schooled me on. Of course, he wasn't nice about it, but that's sort of par for the course.
    The one in dubai was opened by Maya Shehadeh whose aunt and uncle first opened it in Beirut in 72 then NYC later. Get dat a-rab money

13. Ivwri

Ivwri Senior member

The one in dubai was opened by Maya Shehadeh whose aunt and uncle first opened it in Beirut in 72 then NYC later. Get dat a-rab money
    If you don't mind my asking, where is it located in Dubai?

14. driveslowk

driveslowk Senior member

26 Umm al Sheif Street, Dubai, United Arab Emirates

15. Ivwri

Ivwri Senior member

26 Umm al Sheif Street, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
    Thanks muchly!