Recent purchases - Part II

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by scott.m, Feb 1, 2010.

1. notwithit

notwithit Pullup laureate

^Thanks again for the recommendation. [​IMG]

2. chomeo

chomeo Senior member

+1 on the Leica!

I have 2 of the Dlux's and under good lighting, they are some of the better point and shoot out there.

3. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Now ya'll got me looking at Leicas. Good thing I don't know shit about photography, are Leicas really worth the price?

4. eckblk

eckblk Senior member

I'm getting the d-lux 5 next week.

5. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

I'm getting the d-lux 5 next week.

Awesome, that's actually what I was looking at along with the V-Lux 30. Let me know how it is, seems like I'm always asking you this. [​IMG]

6. g transistor

g transistor Senior member

Leicas fill that niche market of being really good and at the same time mad luxe and lots of brand association. Photo nerds will probably hate on you a lot lol, even though almost everyone wants a Leica just to have one. They also look damn good, if I had to picture you with a camera it would be leica

Get an m9 to maximize the haters

7. eckblk

eckblk Senior member

I just read the Leicia d lux 5 has a Panasonic lx5 and virtually identical [​IMG] -

8. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

^ ^ ^ I'm guessing thats a bad thing?
    Leicas fill that niche market of being really good and at the same time mad luxe and lots of brand association. Photo nerds will probably hate on you a lot lol, even though almost everyone wants a Leica just to have one. They also look damn good, if I had to picture you with a camera it would be leica
    Funny you say that but I was checking out the X1 and wanted it simply for the looks alone.

9. Ivwri

Ivwri Senior member

I just read the Leicia d lux 5 has a Panasonic lx5 and virtually identical [​IMG] -
    Basically. Panasonic owns Leica now and they use the same optics and everything. Differences are the body (Leica is generally better) and the colour processing on jpegs. I have a D-Lux 4 so can't comment on the 5, but if it is anything like the 4, and you can afford it, go for it. I prefer the colour processing on the Leica by far to that on the Panasonic.
    Don't buy it though [​IMG]. Really not worth the price. Not a versatile camera at all even though the image quality is pretty good. For a camera that's good to just carry around and do fit pics and general snapshots, the Leica D-Lux 5/Panaonic LX5 are very good!

10. g transistor

g transistor Senior member

lumix gf1 is also a solid choice, and may also fit what you want. Compact but still takes great photos, and you can do video waywts too! The dlux does video too though. I'm just partial to the gf1

11. tween_spirit

tween_spirit Senior member

Yeah all of the Leica's except for the Mx's are Panasonic Lumix's with that red dot on them and slightly different firmware.

But they look cool as hell.

Anyways I shouldn't be talking since I just bought that Fuji X100 lol

edit: beaten by a lot lol

12. dmash

dmash Senior member

how large of a difference is something like a dlux 5 compared to a simple $250 canon p&s?

I was looking into a better camera myself, but don't want to lug around a huge dslr. Something I can still travel with. Would like video on it as well.

13. Ivwri

Ivwri Senior member

Yeah all of the Leica's except for the Mx's are Panasonic Lumix's with that red dot on them and slightly different firmware. But they look cool as hell. Anyways I shouldn't be talking since I just bought that Fuji X100 lol edit: beaten by a lot lol
    How's the Fuji?? Been fighting the temptation to just splurge on it. Already using an Olympus EP-2 as my "small" camera but that X100 is hella sexy.

14. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

lumix gf1 is also a solid choice, and may also fit what you want. Compact but still takes great photos, and you can do video waywts too! The dlux does video too though. I'm just partial to the gf1

They had the GF2 at BestBuy and the lens is pretty big on it no? Like the Sony Alpha Nex 5? I need something I can easily put in my back pocket that's why I loved the S95.

15. snake

snake Senior member

+1
    Love my GF1, favorite camera I've used thus far.