Recent purchases - Part II

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by scott.m, Feb 1, 2010.

1. tonio028

tonio028 Senior member

http://i1111.photobucket.com/albums/h476/fauxsart/NewStuff.jpg

Nice. I guess you liked the green ones enough to get the black pair huh? I like the materials he used for these. F**k I miss my cropped flight pants [​IMG]

I have my eye on a few of the Geller seconds basic henley's once the price drops for US retailers so don't go buying any of those!

^ Slack, noooo... I actually went through a Geller phase and quickly sold it all because the construction and fabrics left a bad taste in my mouth. Fuck the zippers, too.

Are you referring to the Geller main collection or the seconds line and what items? Just curious, because all of the main collection items I own are top notch, including the fabrics. Only a few pieces each season appeal to my more conservative side though, but I always appreciate his more grounded knits and jackets. The professor knit I own and posted a few pages back is a killer piece for instance.

Aww baby I didn't really mean that, I meant for the price but if you copped on sale it's all good son.

I like the tee that I have.

Haha, jet...easy on the Geller hate, you're inviting teger to jump in here and go off on his designs. I agree though that the retail prices for his pieces start out way high, but I guess all the past awards and accolades and such have influenced that. I have only had experience with Geller over the past 2-3 seasons though, so can't speak to the earlier stuff, but on sale (still pricey), I think many of his pieces are worth it.

2. the shah

the shah Persian Bro #2 and enabler-in-chief

i have a pair of geller indigo denim, is aright you know but also cost a fraction of retail -- whatever where you at -- they're ok but then again i don't particularly care for denim to begin with, especially not of the blue/indigo variety.

3. Desi

Desi Senior member

I was speaking to an intern of Geller at Barney's a few months ago. We talked for a while about how it would be better if Geller sold on the designer floor with Prorsum, Trussardi, main Varvatos etc but the price qualifies it to Co-Op with Rag & Bone, Star USA, and Phillip Lim since the markup on RG is not as high.

4. slack tide

slack tide Senior member

Nice. I guess you liked the green ones enough to get the black pair huh? I like the materials he used for these. F**k I miss my cropped flight pants [​IMG] I have my eye on a few of the Geller seconds basic henley's once the price drops for US retailers so don't go buying any of those!
    Yeah - I'm really liking the green/olive flight shorts so decided to go ahead and snag the 44's in black from Aloha Rag the second that sale started. The material is very cool. I've doubled mine as a bathing suit and it dried amazingly fast even despite the thin cotton lining. You feel like a boxer putting them on, with the cinches, but they're not too wild or cumbersome a design in my opinion. They're light weight, breezy, a perfect dull luster, interesting, and at the same time, highly wearable.. I can't believe you lost yours (cropped)!!! [​IMG] Seriously.. horrible. I have not tried "seconds" yet but thanks for the heads up!! [​IMG] ... Kidding. I've done some damage the past couple weeks on $ummer clothes...takin a break for a while (0). oh, typing as it comes to me re; the black shorts -- I wanted something initially to wear with my ma-1 ToJ when it comes (trad olive and blaze orange). It could wind up being a little too costume-y but I got a RO basic to balance it out and settle the colors.. Really looking forward to getting the ToJ MA-1. Hope it comes out slim and light weight.

5. IrateCustomer

IrateCustomer Senior member

Small baller shit right here, but I'm completely re-tooling on a strict budget (impending divorce sucks ass). [​IMG] Lucky Brand white and neutral slim straights. Ben Sherman short sleeve. Love the fit on this shirt. Sperry canvas summer goodness.

6. jet

jet Persian Bro

u stil mad slack?

7. jwkicks

jwkicks Senior member

8. the shah

the shah Persian Bro #2 and enabler-in-chief

nice, i mulled over it for a while before deciding not to but seems to be a good pickup. sizing is a bit on the slim side which is the opposite of most other outerwear, I think

9. baconzilla

baconzilla Senior member

10. whatever123

whatever123 Senior member

11. kraands

kraands Senior member

Nice pickup. How does it fit?

12. Desi

Desi Senior member

He put up a fit picture in WAYWT up top.

13. jet

jet Persian Bro

for knisse
    [​IMG]

14. BB1

BB1 Senior member

wjk cotton linen knit cap

[​IMG]

junhashimoto extra heavy jersey pants

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]