Recent purchases - Part II

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by scott.m, Feb 1, 2010.

1. aeglus

aeglus Senior member Dubiously Honored

2. Lane

Lane Senior member

if you cater to a specific aesthetic that others don't, you can charge pretty much whatever you want

true, I like it a lot either way.

3. Fuuma

Fuuma Franchouillard Modasse

you and me both. plus, its not well-loved in the forum, which makes me like it even more.

Like other large luxury brands offering menswear YSL makes runway show with interesting pieces so that guys like you will buy boring blue or white dress shirts from them.

4. Fuuma

Fuuma Franchouillard Modasse

yah, YSL seems really spensive, but not a lot to back it up with.

YSL is less expensive than Lanvin and in line with other lines. It's nothing too crazy if you consider buying Junya, Balenciaga, Dior Homme etc.

5. Lane

Lane Senior member

Like other large luxury brands offering menswear YSL makes runway show with interesting pieces so that guys like you will buy boring blue or white dress shirts from them.

lol, good point

6. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

I really like their outerwear pieces. I find that often a brand is very strong in specific categories - for example, Lanvin and YSL in outerwear, but that their offerings in other areas can be fairly weak.

7. tonio028

tonio028 Senior member

I got my Geller pants today. The fabric is unbelievably soft.

Excellent. Yet another dagger in my heart (see Random Fashion Thoughts thread for reason), but good pickup. I love(d) those pants.

I'd go with a 48 for a looser fit or a 46 if you want it a little more 'fitted'. Mind you its a f'in sweatshirt so not sure how fitted you really want it...

I'm a ~39/40 chest and the 48 is a tiny bit tight on me but I have a feeling the 50 would have been too big.

This is good advice. I'm a small in most other brands, 46 in most Geller, and went with a 46 in the dip dye and the fit is what a sweatshirt fit should be, slim with a bit of room without looking like an oversized Champion joint. I don't know how some guys are sizing down. If I sized down, shit would have looked tight and cropped like Buzz Rickson, which I can't stand.

8. Stazy

Stazy Senior member

YSL has some really nice bags this season. As a side note, I find it funny that a lot of their cashmere sweaters cost more than their footwear.

9. max-t

max-t Senior member

cross post from eg thread but i just hit up 40% off EG & Woolrich at bloomingdales.

[​IMG]

10. andrewgreg

andrewgreg Senior member

YSL is less expensive than Lanvin and in line with other lines. It's nothing too crazy if you consider buying Junya, Balenciaga, Dior Homme etc.

[​IMG] YSL, Lanvin and Valentino are my favorite. True YSL retail is cheaper than Lanvin. For a wool sweater 500 bucks is not bad. I do like Valentino, only a few saks, Neiman online and NYC Madison ave boutique carry menswear line now.

I will buy blue shirt from YSL.[​IMG]

11. andrewgreg

andrewgreg Senior member

YSL has some really nice bags this season. As a side note, I find it funny that a lot of their cashmere sweaters cost more than their footwear.

Only signature footwear is the leather boots, with a higher heel compare to other brands men's boots. YSL don't have lots of shoes anyway. Cashmere swear would be priced at 700 up. Wool sweater is 500 or up, depends on style.

12. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

13. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

^^^^^
    don't have a boutique near me.

Doesn't matter, all I'm saying is they have plenty of shoes to offer.

14. Stazy

Stazy Senior member

Only signature footwear is the leather boots, with a higher heel compare to other brands men's boots. YSL don't have lots of shoes anyway. Cashmere swear would be priced at 700 up. Wool sweater is 500 or up, depends on style.
    Their location on Rodeo Drive had a cashmere cardigan for $1400. The most expensive pair of boots they had were $1295. It just struck me as odd pricing since high end footwear tends to cost more than high end clothing.