Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Recent purchases - Part II

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by scott.m, Feb 1, 2010.

1. whatever123

whatever123 Senior member

ysl dress shirts (slim cut) x3, ysl forever lace dress shoes, and ysl casual pant.

2. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

where'd you get those white apc's if you dont mind me asking? been looking for some.

Nordstrom, on sale too.

How many pants is that now, RFX?

I actually wasn't planning on getting the two APC denims but I was passing through the sales rack and saw them. I was getting tired of the Diors because it still hasn't stretched as much as I had hoped. I just hope I sized right on the APCs.

Did you go through with both pair of MA+?

No, they only had one of the two pairs in my size so I couldn't take advantage of the deal. I was just going to get one pair but with the tax they charge, it's better to just go with A. I copped some other derbies/blucher, less casual and not as baller as MA+, Augusta, etc... so I'll see how those turn out and then decide whether to move on to those.

3. pronxs

pronxs Senior member

talking about casual derbies/bluchers, where do you guys kop brown ones? i am looking at mid-range (buttero, ndc, f+b) but cant find any for sale.

4. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

talking about casual derbies/bluchers, where do you guys kop brown ones? i am looking at mid-range (buttero, ndc, f+b) but cant find any for sale.

Barneys Co-op brands is a good alternative, around $200-$250.

Margiela has some nice brown oxfords on sale though.

5. aeglus

aeglus Senior member Dubiously Honored

front row center tix to explosions in the sky. [​IMG]

did I miss something over the past 5 years or are they amazingly popular now or something? only bands on TV and shit get concerts where SEATS are talked about and I can't imagine post rock as a genre being popular enough for that

remember I'm in Korea and as of the time I left, post rock is only for bars and cheap punk venues

6. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

7. threeLegDog

threeLegDog Well-Known Member

did I miss something over the past 5 years or are they amazingly popular now or something? only bands on TV and shit get concerts where SEATS are talked about and I can't imagine post rock as a genre being popular enough for that

remember I'm in Korea and as of the time I left, post rock is only for bars and cheap punk venues

They entered my radar last year via some Zune/Pandora "you might like this" rec and I took it from there.

I don't think they are that big just yet -- I'll have to travel to Spokane from Seattle to hear them.

8. toothsomesound

toothsomesound Senior member

explosions are the biggest post-rock band, they have their music in friday night lights and countless other tv shows, movies and commercials. but they are still a post rock band lol, they usually play 400-500 capacity venues though they occasionally play outdoor concerts, big concert halls, festivals etc. where you seeing them three leg? I got tickets to see them at Sonar in October [​IMG]

9. KitAkira

KitAkira Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!

They did a big festival tour last year, iirc. Wouldn't exactly call them big, but they have a decently strong following. Was more surprised by the hubbub over a Wombats show in Seattle tonight. Would never have thought they had that big of a following, though the show was hyped by a radio station that I've never heard play any Wombats songs. Annoyed that the show is 21+ [​IMG]

10. Makeshift_Robot

Makeshift_Robot Senior member

They were in an Apple commercial as well, right? Definitely not 'amazingly popular' but their music is more pop-crowd-friendly (not a bad thing or a good thing) than Godspeed or Mogwai or etc.

11. max-t

max-t Senior member

forgot those dudes even existed. anyone remember the cooper temple clause lol

12. johnH123

johnH123 Senior member

Patch pocket chino blazer and a selvedge chambray pocket square. I am officially dressed by the internet.

13. g transistor

g transistor Senior member

14. jslade

jslade Senior member

Explosions In The Sky. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] I've always wondered how an Explosions concert would work, or any post-rock band's concert for that matter.

15. about11oclock

about11oclock Senior member

Explosions In The Sky. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] I've always wondered how an Explosions concert would work, or any post-rock band's concert for that matter.

I like me some post rock, but concerts can feel quite monotonous and long IMO. Have seen Godspeed, Do Make SAY Think, Mogwai, Explosions, and had the same feeling each time. I really enjoy all of their recorded music.