1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Recent purchases - Part II

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by scott.m, Feb 1, 2010.

1. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

think I'll just go buy some ex-gothninja's Rick Owens sloppy fifths from '08, add some new season denim skirts, and call it a day. It's hard being creative with fashion.

1 person likes this.
  2. Desi

Desi Senior member

pissed that all your vags stopped e-yelling at eachother.

3. Stazy

Stazy Senior member

:nodding:

I was looking through my photobucket account a couple nights ago and I was surprised at just how bad some of my shit was.
    WHY DIDN'T ANYONE TELL ME?!?

Last edited: Dec 18, 2011
  4. Lionheart Biker

Lionheart Biker Senior member

So, which one of you fuckers bought the kiryuyrik bondage pants from LVR? [​IMG] That was my christmas present [​IMG]

5. MIKE_JE

MIKE_JE Senior member

I've had mine since October 7th. Though I've had many denims from Imperial, Dry Bones, 3Sixteen, Momo, and on... these are currently my favorites. They are really quick fading as well.

6. tween_spirit

tween_spirit Senior member

some really badass aged provolone, but now my kitchen smells like old feet.

1 person likes this.
  7. tween_spirit

tween_spirit Senior member

I'm definitely a victim of my average purchase being significantly more expensive now than it was a few years back. well it's gone down these past 6 months but for a while there it was getting a bit much for me.

kind of makes me wonder if creativity suffered for a while there too, but the overall "level" of the more expensive shit is so much higher it's hard not to just do it. They're some of my favorite things, clothing-wise at least.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2011
  8. hipster

hipster Senior member

Just pulled the trigger on this, I might even post my first WAYWT when I receive it!

[​IMG]

9. thatoneguy

thatoneguy Senior member

[​IMG]
    cdgh+
    thanks to whoever posted this in the you should kop thread

Last edited: Dec 19, 2011
  10. fungz0r

fungz0r Senior member

Great buy, I wouldve copped if it fit me but too big :(

11. AJPA

AJPA Well-Known Member

This becomes a problem too, Im a pretty broke college student, and 90% of my money has to go to bills/books/food. But when something decent does come along like the non baller sneaker thread it gets shit up. I just hate that anything that isn't "baller" anymore gets put down because of the labels. Mellow is one of my favorite posters, but you will notice he rarely posts the brands of stuff because oftentimes its stuff from uniqlo etc.

12. the shah

the shah Senior member

no need to take any of that seriously. you can still make stuff look good without spending $$$ or you can get stuff on deep discount sometimes. it just happens that the non baller sneaker thread has lots of ugly stuff, as does now the baller sneaker thread.

edit: recent purchase - just got baller hand towels made of scandinavian mink

13. 3 Prague Winters

3 Prague Winters Senior member

14. brad-t

brad-t Senior member

The non-baller sneaker thread gets shit on not because it's affordable, but because almost everything posted in there is balls-ugly.

15. AJPA

AJPA Well-Known Member

Yea this is true, but I think that stems from the problem that no one with good taste ever culls the thread and puts it into perspective. Its not like there are a ton of nice non expensive sneakers, but I don't exactly think some forum favorites like <3 chucks are that ugly.

Edit - I just reread what you said, by shit on I actually mean people posting ugly shit. I want more of the people with taste to comment on the ugly as fuck shit that gets posted in there =P My problem is that a lot of the threads about affordable clothes get jammed up with absolute garbage.

Past the sneaker thread, you can't read the APC thread because its all about jeans sizing, etc

16. brad-t

brad-t Senior member

Leather chucks are the best cheap sneakers I've seen so far.

17. KingJulien

KingJulien Senior member

I haven't tried them but aren't the Varvatos chucks supposed to be pretty good? Especially since they're like $60.

18. AJPA

AJPA Well-Known Member

Im going to start the Affordable Swag Thread, Lets move this conversation there so we don't mess up RP =P

19. KingJulien

KingJulien Senior member

deleted, wrong thread

20. driveslowk

driveslowk Senior member

[​IMG]

3 people like this.