• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

tween_spirit

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by shoreman1782
Nice. Price on TB? Anything new/interesting at Nepenthes?
Price was ~$160 after tax Tons of good stuff at Nepenthes, best thing were these 1-off jackets made from old military pants reconstructed. Came in 3 styles, peak label, stand collar, and shawl collar. They got creative with them too, like one jacket might have the zipper from the bottom of the pants be the edge of one of the vents on the back, or you might have a big functional cargo pocket on your upper back. And they were only $320. Really cool pieces.

brad-t

Bae Blade
Reaction score
Tornado Mart Leopard Jacquard Pants
Ijaq9.jpg

Desi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Zeemon
jil runway pics were amazing the colors seemed more vibrant than irl

Also because Johannes Linder was wearing it down the runway. He makes it all look dashing.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Uncontrol
@kwoyeu: it also looks much better there because it is loose. it seems too tight on dlester.

this

kwoyeu

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Uncontrol
@kwoyeu: it also looks much better there because it is loose. it seems too tight on dlester.

yeah the runway fit does look a lot looser, i guess a tight fit does give out a little elementary school teacher vibe but I suspect maybe IRL it will be offset by the texture and how vibrant the colors are? (i saw it in stores and it looks way, way more washed out in dlester's fit pic than IRL).. Here's a close-up shot from Jil e-store
39212414NJ_14_d.jpg

some other fit pics from jil e-store

39212414NJ_14_f.jpg

39212417XE_14_f.jpg

39212417XE_14_e.jpg

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
DLester you big **** real fruits buy the matching twinset Schneider printed fruit cardigan and fruit scarf.

Realtalk RP:

Schneider Grey and White Shawl Collar Cardigan
Schneider Grey and Black Cloud Printed Scarf
Schneider Grey Fruit Cardigan
Schneider Grey Fruit Printed Scarf
Schneider Light Grey Rhombus Scarf
Schneider Grey and Charcoal Double Layered Viscose Cotton Cardigan

sipang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Woa, kop-meister.

I almost bought that fruit cardi several times, it's pretty nice.

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I know I've wanted it for awhile Going to kop off you too homie
redface.gif

jslade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Two outerwear pieces from Barney's:

301530_mrp_in_l.jpg

Thanks, DLester; it fits great!

2048.jpg

DLester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
excellent, gang -- I figured that would get a reaction. The Jil website and runway pic of slightly different sweater are more representative of the actual color. I took my pics in my basement with slightly yellowish light, and I dont' really know how to take a photograph anyway.

Even though I went with my regular size, it is very slim. It will give a bit since it is cotton. Maybe a size up would be better. Or maybe it would look like a Coogie sized up.

And yes it would look better on Ivwri because everything would look better on him; no fair ~~~

Some other stuff arrived that I am not posting, but I wanted to see what people thought of this one since it is the riskiest.

Originally Posted by Razele
DLester you big **** real fruits buy the matching twinset Schneider printed fruit cardigan and fruit scarf.
haha ~ perfect

about11oclock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Razele
Realtalk RP:
Schneider Grey and White Shawl Collar Cardigan
Schneider Grey and Black Cloud Printed Scarf
Schneider Grey Fruit Cardigan
Schneider Grey Fruit Printed Scarf
Schneider Light Grey Rhombus Scarf
Schneider Grey and Charcoal Double Layered Viscose Cotton Cardigan

ain't realtalk without pics. Still, sounds like nice stuff.

Ivwri

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
And yes it would look better on Ivwri because everything would look better on him; no fair ~~~
laugh.gif
well, lemme try it on first before you come to that conclusion. I really like the one with the squared off stripes so will probably grab it off Oki-ni or if I can locate a Jil store in California when I travel later this month.

As for recent purchases, picking these and a few more up tomorrow morning. Meeting with the tailor next week
smile.gif
-

m4GJD.jpg

R3lIM.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads