Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Recent purchases - Part II

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by scott.m, Feb 1, 2010.

1. tonio028

tonio028 Senior member

good pickups tonio, i like everything. apc ns or ps? i can't make up my mind which cut to go with.

Thanks. I ended up with the NS size 29. I tried on the PS size 30 and thought the fit in my thigh and lower leg was a bit more snug then I wanted. 7.5" leg opening works great for me.

2. thatoneguy

thatoneguy Senior member

I was under the impression that the NCs have a roomier top block, not true?

3. mellowfellow

mellowfellow Senior member

^very nice purchases! I can't think of dry denim/knit in this heat though. Stocking up for the fall? I can't get enough of CPs, really want a pair of high tops.

4. Meis

Meis Senior member

what cp's are those tonio?
    (edit: the left ones)

5. tonio028

tonio028 Senior member

Oops, I meant PS not NC, edited my original post!

^very nice purchases! I can't think of dry denim/knit in this heat though. Stocking up for the fall? I can't get enough of CPs, really want a pair of high tops.

Thanks, mellow. Haha no kidding, trying them on in my house with the AC on and I was sweating, definitely fall stock up purchases. I've been wearing the APCs in the house to stretch for now though. I am really liking the fit on them so far.

I love me some CPs. I have missed out on all white lows for past two seasons now and kept missing my size so finally got them this year not so late in season. The suede shoes are really nice though, color combined with the red sole (surprisingly not so in your face) is really nice and they're super comfortable right out of the box.

6. jet

jet Persian Bro

cardi is dope ton, cp laces don't look stock for some reason

good pickups

7. TeeKay

TeeKay Senior member

Just for reference NCs are tight as hell on the top block. Just sort of a bad cut altogether(IMO, of course) and they cut out the selvedge line. Honestly, for me it was a bad purchase and I am a bit upset I wasted a few months trying to make them work.

8. BreezyBirch

BreezyBirch Senior member

tonio what size is the cardigan? hit me up in pm

9. tonio028

tonio028 Senior member

what cp's are those tonio?

They're the Dress Shoes with Rubber Sole. Some high res shots here and a fit pic here from TBS. I got them from thecorner.com.

cardi is dope ton, cp laces don't look stock for some reason

good pickups

Thanks, jet. Cardi is really nice, going to try it out with some more closet items again to be sure. It doesn't fit terribly, kind of like the model on Forward so fits me slouchy but not oversized like the SS. We'll see.

CP laces on the Achilles you mean? Might be the aerial view, but they are as far as I know. I have noticed that although the achilles low leather is still nice, that I think there has been a slight drop in the quality/thickness of a few seasons past. I had a grey pair and black pair from about 2-3 years ago that just felt different. I still love them, but anyone else notice this?

10. tonio028

tonio028 Senior member

tonio what size is the cardigan? hit me up in pm

Sz 46. Thanks again for the CP shoe rec, they're as nice as you mentioned. If you have other questions on the Geller though, hit me up.

11. APK

APK Senior member

Hey Briza, those Roark joints that were absurdly priced on Blackbird are finally marked down to "reasonable" territory.

12. BreezyBirch

BreezyBirch Senior member

lulz. those are cheaper ones, i think. i remember the others ones being like 400 something bucks orsomesh

13. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

[​IMG]
    Balenciaga black wool trousers
    Balenciaga painted jeans
    Burberry Prorsum cotton trousers
    Lanvin blazer + bow-tie

Deets:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. BB1

BB1 Senior member

i like those wjk sneakers , and backzips generally.. no more shoehorns needed - the ultimate solution to high insteps! [​IMG] the zipper itself looks luxurious too
    The zip is one of those expensive YKK models. I usually like Riri better, but this is a very nice zipper with super smooth action, making these the quickest shoes to take on/off that I own.
    One wonders about the conspicuous branding at the heel.... To what purpose is wjk announcing itself on the exterior of every piece of footwear it produces? To whom exactly are they seeking to appeal, those that appreciate the subtle styling behind gray ringer tees or bourgeois-types that would use their clothing to reinforce their economic status and to fatuously announce to their social circle, "HELLO, I CAN AFFORD THIS PIECE OF EXPENSIVE CLOTHING THAT YOU KNOW IS EXPENSIVE BECAUSE YOU CAN SEE THE BRAND RIGHT THERE AND YOU KNOW THAT BRAND IS AN EXPENSIVE BRAND." Perhaps the corporate interests behind wjk are becoming increasingly impatient with the disappointing sales figures, and taking on an increased interest in specific, individual design elements? One wonders if this is perhaps the beginning of the end.
    Since wjk does not practice visible branding on any of their other pieces, it is likely the wjk emblem on the heel is simply there as a design element. Many iconic brands like Converse have a similar looking label in the same place making such a label seem pleasing due to the familiarity. If one imagines the shoe without that label there, it would look overly plain and stark. Anyway your parody is largely a "fail" since nobody on the street knows what wjk is anyway. (You need to wait until I praise a recognized mainstream brand before going after me). A few months back I even had someone say to me, "Now that you no longer work in a corporate office, you must be saving a lot of money on clothing!" The outfit I was wearing at the moment cost about $3000. Thus the only person I'm impressing is myself. wjk has to be one of the worst brands to buy if you want to impress others. Majority of the pieces are basic and do not adhere very well to Western notions of what an expensive piece should look like. I believe this is likely a large part of why there are still no stores in the West selling it (so far as I know).
    It's all about the brand. There are better sneakers out there.
    Never claimed they were the best sneakers ever, but they do look good with many of wjk's wider leg pants-- that's why I bought them, for the brand synergy. Most of the highly favored sneakers on this forum look wrong with much of wjk's stuff. They cost about the same as many CP models, making them reasonable priced. The leather on them is very soft and buttery and appears to be developing a nice looking patina after only a couple wears-- they're quickly turning all-over crinkly and attracting dirt like mad. Also, I would rank the construction quality as better than MMM, DBSS, or Rick hi tops.

15. RegisDB9

RegisDB9 Rico Suave

Welp, took a chance

[​IMG]

[​IMG]