Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Recent purchases - Part II

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by scott.m, Feb 1, 2010.

1. andrewgreg

andrewgreg Distinguished Member

so would you say the lobb double monks fit like 7.5UK/8.5US?

Yes, half size larger that's what I would say. Maybe not half size larger, but after break it, will fits like 7.5.

2. dmash

dmash Distinguished Member

pm'd u andrew. damnit i'm made you're the one that took the uk7 black city ii's. i wanted those.

3. BB1

BB1 Distinguished Member

Time to make comment on my mrporter.com purchase. all merchandise arrived today. [...] DRKSHDW jacket: sleeves are nice, but way too long. This one fits very, very slim. Demin are nice DRKSHDW jeans: I don't like it, looks good on picture, but not in person. Straight cut, plenty room on thigh.
    A lot of DRKSHDW stuff fits strangely. My two biggest complaints are inconsistent sizing and items where one area is super small/tight yet another area on the same piece is huge/roomy. The roomy thighs on the DRKSHDW jeans seem like they're designed for a rather muscular build. It's a pity because I like many of their washes.

4. andrewgreg

A lot of DRKSHDW stuff fits strangely. My two biggest complaints are inconsistent sizing and items where one area is super small/tight yet another area on the same piece is huge/roomy.

The roomy thighs on the DRKSHDW jeans seem like they're designed for a very muscular build. It's a pity because I like many of their washes.

The washes looks very good on picture, but in person, it's just okay. Not that special.
    The DRKSHDW is actually for my friends, he is a size 28 waist, and size 29 of that item fits just well. The jeans is 32'' long, and kinda unfinished detail with a different wash on the hem. A taller person saying 6'00 with a muscular/average build will look good on them.

5. BB1

BB1 Distinguished Member

fucking ups du just dropped off my baseball jacket just now 7:18pm [​IMG]

UPS will sometimes do that do me too. But at least UPS can be counted on to deliver stuff!

My local Post Office has gotten in the habit of not delivering about 80% of my EMS packages. Instead they just leave a notice in my mailbox saying "we missed you" which is a lie since I was home and they never came to the door.

6. gettoasty

gettoasty Stylish Dinosaur

well better than leaving the package at your door. i like the convenience of usps holding your item, at least you know its 'safe'

7. hendrix

hendrix Ill-proportioned

Yes, half size larger that's what I would say. Maybe not half size larger, but after break it, will fits like 7.5.

hmmm what colour? you should be able to sell them on B&S pretty easily. i'm tempted myself

8. Meis

Meis Distinguished Member

well better than leaving the package at your door. i like the convenience of usps holding your item, at least you know its 'safe'

This, plus I like how if usps can't deliver the package they hold it at your local post office which is usually not too far from where you live, while UPS has maybe 1 location in an entire metro area. I can walk to my post office while the UPS place is on the opposite side of the city from me and going there and back + waiting in line to get my package is a 2+ hour ordeal [​IMG]

9. andrewgreg

hmmm what colour? you should be able to sell them on B&S pretty easily. i'm tempted myself

What is B&S? I got black calf, museum calf city II. These are true to size.
    The one I'm saying a little bigger is william leather double monk in brown.

10. dmash

dmash Distinguished Member

^sell black city ii's to me. you don't need a pair in each color [​IMG]

11. Find Finn

Find Finn Stylish Dinosaur

I want a Mr. Porter founding member account. Someone should sell me theirs...

How do one know if their account is a founding member one?

I set up an account prior to their launch and as far as remember recieved an email about me being a founding member, but when I tried to log in 5 minutes ago, it said please activate your account[​IMG]

12. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Stylish Dinosaur

I still don't know how you could be a true UK7 in shoes and a size 50 in a Prorsum trench - I have a Prorsum trench in 46 and I wear a size UK7.5-8 shoe, and I consider my feet small for my height.

13. whatever123

whatever123 Distinguished Member

^^

For the Ferragamo, are these Fantino?

yes.

14. andrewgreg

I still don't know how you could be a true UK7 in shoes and a size 50 in a Prorsum trench - I have a Prorsum trench in 46 and I wear a size UK7.5-8 shoe, and I consider my feet small for my height.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

But that's just me.

15. andrewgreg

yes.

I had these before then returned it. For whatever reason it's not comfortable. [​IMG]
    Have you tried the faraone model?