Recent purchases - Part II

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by scott.m, Feb 1, 2010.

1. andrewgreg

andrewgreg Senior member

Fuck I want all my new stuff right now now now

now

I hate waiting

My mrporter order will arrive tomorrow [​IMG]

2. andrewgreg

andrewgreg Senior member

So that Mr Porter craziness is US only right now, correct ?

Yea, they're Helmuts moleskin, not sure what year exactly

Yes US only.

3. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

I got some Margiela stuff, a pair of Pantofola D'oro sneakers (if you want comfort, these are it. Great for summer), and a bunch of stuff for other people from the Mr. Porter sale. Did not think about the direct shipping thing. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] That would have saved people money and me packaging and trips to the post office, which are a huge PITA.

Do people really give out cc. info to strangers? I dunno man. People that I've met irl and have developed friendships with, maybe. Giving on cc. info seems like playing with fire. One guy who is really fair proxied, and some idiot did a Paypal chargeback because the stuff didn't fit him. It's like... Wow, super uncool.

4. reezy

reezy Senior member

Picked these up at Nomad today (thanks J)

Then took them straight to Kaners to get the soles protected.

Kaners is awesome.

5. Kagemusha

Kagemusha Senior member

LA, come on seriously.........who the hell wouldn't be comfortable giving CC info to you? Why in the world would you steal our card [​IMG] and in all honesty, it's not that big of a hassle to make a quick phone call to my bank, say my card has been lost, but the purchase for xx.xx amount that i just did to mr.porter is me, but can you now shut down the card and send me a new card. With my credit card and bank it takes no more than 5 business days and that card number is now useless for guy/girl to try and use.

6. andrewgreg

andrewgreg Senior member

I got some Margiela stuff, a pair of Pantofola D'oro sneakers (if you want comfort, these are it. Great for summer), and a bunch of stuff for other people from the Mr. Porter sale. Did not think about the direct shipping thing. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] That would have saved people money and me packaging and trips to the post office, which are a huge PITA.

Do people really give out cc. info to strangers? I dunno man. People that I've met irl and have developed friendships with, maybe. Giving on cc. info seems like playing with fire. One guy who is really fair proxied, and some idiot did a Paypal chargeback because the stuff didn't fit him. It's like... Wow, super uncool.

the paypal chargeback is a problem also returns/exchanges are porblems.
    I was thinking the best way would be transfer money through BOA or Chase quick pay.
    Totally free, instant and cannot dispute. All sales are final. I think it can workout.

7. kwoyeu

kwoyeu Senior member

if you're a BOA customer you can generate a random cc. no. with a maximum spendin amount and an expiration date (typically it woule expire aftera single use)... that would be the ideal thing to give to your proxies imo.
    the feature's called ShopSafe I think

I give it to merchants who seem suspicious / by default automatically renews your service / requires you to call in order to cancel, etc. i love reading their semi-threatening emails about charge not going thru.. [​IMG]

8. andrewgreg

andrewgreg Senior member

if you're a BOA customer you can generate a random cc. no. with a maximum spendin amount and an expiration date ... that would be the ideal thing to give to your proxies imo.
    the feature's called ShopSafe I think

[​IMG] I don't have CC, only use debit card.

[​IMG]

9. hendrix

hendrix Ill-proportioned

you can buy one of those "gift" credit cards where you pay for the credit before hand. i think they cost like $5 or something.

10. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

LA, come on seriously.........who the hell wouldn't be comfortable giving CC info to you? Why in the world would you steal our card [​IMG]

and in all honesty, it's not that big of a hassle to make a quick phone call to my bank, say my card has been lost, but the purchase for xx.xx amount that i just did to mr.porter is me, but can you now shut down the card and send me a new card. With my credit card and bank it takes no more than 5 business days and that card number is now useless for guy/girl to try and use.

I would steal your card and buy a Ducati Monster. No, I wouldn't know how to ride the fucker, but it would be baller.

That second options seems like a real pain in the balls.

11. Mr. Moo

Mr. Moo Boxercise Toughguy

It's very easy. Takes, maybe, 10 minutes.

12. KitAkira

KitAkira Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!

you can buy one of those "gift" credit cards where you pay for the credit before hand. i think they cost like $5 or something.
    Russell Simmons was peddling these a while back [​IMG]

13. Desi

Desi Senior member

I heard this is incorrect and that absolutely will NOT be opening the sale to the general public
    ya i went over my email again. sale closes at 9am est(now) edit: lol seems my purchase did not make the cutoff time. emailed them about it.

14. Kagemusha

Kagemusha Senior member

That second options seems like a real pain in the balls.

No, not at all.

and I get a new card sent to me at least once a year. I suggest anybody that does a good amount of online shopping to do this as well. Never a bad thing to be overly safe and as stated, it takes only a few minutes.

15. scott.m

scott.m Senior member

New Chair, Console, and Tray Table. [​IMG]