Recent purchases - Part II

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by scott.m, Feb 1, 2010.

1. Razele

Razele Senior member

Is everything you own a shade of grey Razele?
    Grey / Charcoal mostly Only a few black pieces Navy and Dark green too, not as much though, all my shirting is white (and MTM [​IMG] ) and I have a few colored T's I want some electric blue stuff, will probably get some dark purple and teal items too

2. Platypus

Platypus Affiliate Vendor

viridi anne linen jacket

Damn, this and your Ann jacket are starting to make me think I need something similar.

3. baconzilla

baconzilla Senior member

4. herzzreh

herzzreh Senior member

[​IMG]

5. BB1

BB1 Senior member

viridi anne linen jacket [​IMG]
    Looks extremely similar to the Attachment black linen blazer I recently bought. I like since you can pair this with either gungy jeans or somewhat dressier pants (or even a t-shirt). I would like to find another blazer of this style in a different color. Any suggestions? Attachment had a khaki-gray one this season, but it sold out everywhere almost instantly.

6. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

I would like to find another blazer of this style in a different color. Any suggestions? Attachment had a khaki-gray one this season, but it sold out everywhere almost instantly.

KVA has a linen blazer in grey minus the pockets, there is also a zip-closure version.

7. BB1

BB1 Senior member

wjk "extra heavy jersey" banana pants

These have the same incredible heavy fabric on them as the wjk hoodie I recently bought. Feels like you're wearing an old fashioned heavy wool work pant. The more expensive wjk pieces have always blown me away with their quality more than any other brand and this piece is no exception.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. hendrix

hendrix Ill-proportioned

no offense BB1 but i just don't get the whole heavyweight jersey thing. Even if the quality is amazing, it's still just...jersey fabric. Wouldn't you rather have wool flannel or cashmere or something?

9. the shah

the shah Persian Bro #2 and enabler-in-chief

Wouldn't you rather have wool flannel or cashmere or something?
    Why, when those do not lend them selves to parity with other, unrelated products, as do wjk pieces.
    wjk ___(product name and style)___ These have the same incredible fabric on them as the ___(other wjk product)___ I recently bought. Feels like you're wearing an ___(unrelated piece of clothing on which more superlatives are heaped)___. The more expensive wjk pieces have always blown me away with their quality more than any other brand and this piece is no exception. ___(exhibit A)___ ___(exhibit B)___ ___(exhibit C)___
    Formulaic to the point that I'm wondering if you are in advertising for Japanese labels now ?? I was checking out a few racks of other Jp brands, attachman, IS, virdi, and they were a bit underwhelming considering their price points. Then again I'm not as intrigued by the aesthetic as other people though there are certain pieces I wouldn't mind owning. Also, did you get a new camera like you were planning ?

10. sipang

sipang Senior member

11. Harbin

Harbin Senior member

^ looks like the pants everyone had back in the day where you could convert them into shorts [​IMG]

12. nemuine

nemuine Well-Known Member

13. karmaguy

karmaguy Senior member

[​IMG]

is that a baron wells shirt? looks so fresh!

14. nemuine

nemuine Well-Known Member

Yeah, should have it by tomorrow. My first purchase from them. Hope their XXS fits me just right.

15. hendrix

hendrix Ill-proportioned

no offense BB1 but i just don't get the whole heavyweight jersey thing. Even if the quality is amazing, it's still just...jersey fabric. Wouldn't you rather have wool flannel or cashmere or something?

I guess my other question would be why the infatuation with the washed out charcoal/gray colour?

I just looked through a couple of WJK collections and it seems that he uses a bit of colour here and there, so it can't just be the designer thing.