Recent purchases - Part II

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by scott.m, Feb 1, 2010.

1. m4x

m4x Active Member

Fred perry
    [​IMG]

ASOS
    [​IMG]

ASOS
    [​IMG]

Adidas
    [​IMG]

ASOS
    [​IMG]

Uniforms for the dedicated
    [​IMG]

All approx 200£

2. wj4

wj4 Senior member

Afternoon pick ups: APCs and eye stuff. I wish I still had 20/20 vision so I don't have to blow money on stuff like this.
    [​IMG]

3. pronxs

pronxs Senior member

4. wj4

wj4 Senior member

lasik.
    I looked into it. Coming from a science background and having thoroughly analyzed quite a few case studies...I'm not convinced yet. Basically, if something should go wrong in a decade or two, I'm screwed.

5. johnH123

johnH123 Senior member

I looked into it. Coming from a science background and having thoroughly analyzed quite a few case studies...I'm not convinced yet. Basically, if something should go wrong in a decade or two, I'm screwed.

I got lasik with a lifetime follow up plan (came free with the type of surgery I got).

6. KitAkira

KitAkira Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!

Afternoon pick ups: APCs and eye stuff. I wish I still had 20/20 vision so I don't have to blow money on stuff like this.
    I normally wear contacts, but I've been shopping for new glasses. You could do better than Burberry though (no hate, just saying)

7. wj4

wj4 Senior member

I normally wear contacts, but I've been shopping for new glasses. You could do better than Burberry though (no hate, just saying)
    It's all good, man. I don't take the forums to the heart anyway.

I'm not that picky with eye stuff. I just go to a couple of local Lenscrafters to see frame selections and pick the one that I like the best. Surprisingly, they cost less than the 2 optometrists I used to visit.

Plus their 30 days risk free promise is unbeatable. They just take it back, refund you, no questions asked at all.

I get a new pair every year and for the last 3 years they have been plastic frames in black, brown, turtoise in typical brands such as Prada, Gucci, Burberry, etc. Just wanted to try something new.

I know I should have gone after brands like Oliver Peoples since this is Styleforum, lol.

8. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

My friend had Lasik surgery and he admits it is the best decision he had ever made in his life. The only drawback is it isn't permanent so he is back to wearing glasses at the moment but he is planning on getting it again when he can.

9. KitAkira

KitAkira Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!

It's all good, man. I don't take the forums to the heart anyway. I'm not that picky with eye stuff. I just go to a couple of local Lenscrafters to see frame selections and pick the one that I like the best. Surprisingly, they cost less than the 2 optometrists I used to visit. Plus their 30 days risk free promise is unbeatable. They just take it back, refund you, no questions asked at all. I get a new pair every year and for the last 3 years they have been plastic frames in black, brown, turtoise in typical brands such as Prada, Gucci, Burberry, etc. Just wanted to try something new. I know I should have gone after brands like Oliver Peoples since this is Styleforum, lol.
    There are many great options to be had on Ebay >$100, just so you know (my new vintage Cartier frames ran me a grand total of $30 shipped lol God bless mislabeling sellers)

10. wj4

wj4 Senior member

There are many great options to be had on Ebay >$100, just so you know (my new vintage Cartier frames ran me a grand total of $30 shipped lol God bless mislabeling sellers)
    I hear that, bro.

When I had a lot of free time, i would be down to do that. Or hell, even just write down the model number of the model I like in store and buy it online.

At this time in my life where free time is hard to come by, I sacrifice for convenience.

11. 42LONG

42LONG Senior member

12. MiniW

MiniW Senior member

My friend had Lasik surgery and he admits it is the best decision he had ever made in his life. The only drawback is it isn't permanent so he is back to wearing glasses at the moment but he is planning on getting it again when he can.

yeah this happened to me, while I can get away without glasses 98% of the time, I need them for driving at night and on other rare occasions. I got it a long time ago so I am sure the procedure is cheaper and more effective these days.

13. bakatora

bakatora Senior member

the tech is advancing at a steady rate but afaik those of us with astigmatism are still sol. [​IMG]

14. pronxs

pronxs Senior member

the tech is advancing at a steady rate but afaik those of us with astigmatism are still sol. [​IMG]

lasik cleared my astig. just do a free lasik suitability checkup at some eye clinic.

15. APK

APK Senior member

My astigmatism makes purchasing new contacts an infinitely more costly endeavor.