• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Recent Purchases (Classic menswear - formerly Men's clothing)

razl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Snagged a pair of light grey POW linen trousers to add to my anti-Florida-summer arsenal. Looks like a pleasant, mild POW. Not FU, but maybe a touch of pretentious sneer.

I'm hoping the closeup with the smattering of browns and blues is a better rep than the larger pic that is infected with the pixelated jaggies.

Last edited:

razl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

WOW, trousers are fantastic.

I want those badly!

Ok, if for some reason they don't pan out I'll pitch them your way before I do a return. But don't get your hopes up, the more I look at 'em, the more I think I'm going to like 'em.

Last edited:

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just back from the tailor... I will be wearing this later today. IRL, it's a really lovely soft blue although it looks grey in this picture.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
that looks amazing. i am downright jealous. what is the material?

SoGent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Snagged a pair of light grey POW linen trousers to add to my anti-Florida-summer arsenal. Looks like a pleasant, mild POW. Not FU, but maybe a touch of pretentious sneer.

I'm hoping the closeup with the smattering of browns and blues is a better rep than the larger pic that is infected with the pixelated jaggies.

where are you finding mark shale if you don't mind. chitcago ?

Last edited:

razl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

where are you finding mark shale if you don't mind.  chitcago ?

Actually, just ebay- from the seller Frieschskys, who I think resells a lot of close-outs and off- or in-house label type stuff. I don't know who/what Mark Shale is, and I've never seen Zanella's re-labeled like that, but felt good enough about it being legit Zanella to give it a whirl. .

SoGent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Actually, just ebay- from the seller Frieschskys, who I think resells a lot of close-outs and off- or in-house label type stuff. I don't know who/what Mark Shale is, and I've never seen Zanella's re-labeled like that, but felt good enough about it being legit Zanella to give it a whirl. .

thanks. they're legit there's no doubt. Mark Shale has some things made each season through their various vendors.
don't know who their buyers are but i like the way they think

Last edited:

skokiekid

Reaction score
Mark Shale had 3 stores in the Chicago area when it closed in Dec 2012. It carried Canali, Jack Victor, Ike Behar and Zanella. Sorry to see it closed.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
solid kops, gyasih.

SoGent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mark Shale had 3 stores in the Chicago area when it closed in Dec 2012. It carried Canali, Jack Victor, Ike Behar and Zanella. Sorry to see it closed.
did they finally close all chicago stores too ?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads