1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Recent Purchases (Classic menswear - formerly Men's clothing)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by A Harris, Sep 23, 2008.

1. vriche

vriche Senior member

Thanks, guys. I really like them as well. The way that they look when the sun hits them is just stunning.

2. jrd617

jrd617 Senior member

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 25, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  3. earthdragon

earthdragon Senior member

4. BriceT1000

BriceT1000 Well-Known Member

Thank you, I am quite proud of these purchases. Ironically, this shirt is RTW. Still, I am very pleased with the fit and it is my third one from them in a couple of short weeks. It is supposedly a very limited run by Castangia just to prove a point about their craftsmanship. I purchased from Austin Hauck in the Denver, CO area. The importer for the United States is Greiner's which is located in Tampa, FL. We have been anticipating the arrival of these shirts for quite some time and more are still arriving from Italy.

Also, they can/will do custom made for a premium with what I believe is a minimum of 3 to order. I tried one on and did not find extra alterations to be necessary is why I chose RTW.

Here is a brief gallery from Greiner's of the first arrivals from a few months back.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2014
  5. BriceT1000

Forgive the crappy phone photo, but if this doesn't turn you on I don't know what will. I posted this photo a while back when I first picked up the blue twill Castangia shirt.

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  6. mrjester

mrjester Senior member

Everyone in here has me beat.. but.. blue dress stripe seersucker. Yummy.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3 people like this.
  7. BriceT1000

I have never seen a seersucker before with thick MOP like that before. I like it quite a bit.

1 person likes this.
  8. mrjester

mrjester Senior member

Thanks! I think they're default.

Truth is I know I'll get shit about a seersucker having thick MOP's, curved cutaway, and a dress stripe.. I just don't care though. It fits the temperature here. I'll probably sport a grenadine or knit a few times with this shirt.

9. razl

razl Senior member

What, wait, who? Form has to follow function, F 'em if they don't get that. Granted I'm sympathetic as a fellow traveler in a sweltering+humid environment, but I don't see why anyone would give you crap about it.

10. mrjester

mrjester Senior member

I've always been told seersucker is a pretty casual fabric. I've never seen seersucker suits worn to work, just maybe weekend events. I imagined it'd be the same for shirts.. It's possible I'm wrong.

If I had a choice, I'd get burgundy/white and moss green/white striped seersucker to wear to work as well. This is ridiculously comfortable. Way better than linen.

11. bourbonbasted

bourbonbasted Senior member

1 person likes this.
  12. mrjester

mrjester Senior member

1 person likes this.
  13. partyof6

partyof6 Senior member

Cross post from AE thread. Dundees in brown cordovan and Saddleback briefcase in dark coffee brown.

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  14. The_Foxx

The_Foxx Senior member

Just a few things this NYC visit-- best of the best was 25% off basically any purchase in Saks with VERY few exceptions, and some things even had a further discount (like Armani raincoats)

New gray suede shoes (bought Lobb trees just to fancy em up a bit)
    [​IMG]

Saw this suit, did not purchase/ decided in favor of a new solid charcoal gray instead
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 28, 2014
    2 people like this.
  15. PCK1

PCK1 Senior member

all nice kops @The_Foxx ...except for the charcoal grey suit...def should have gone for spidey [​IMG]

16. PCK1

PCK1 Senior member

Is there a bespoke tailoring thread??...kind of like the one for bespoke shoes only?

This is a photo from my final fitting of a new bespoke sport coat. A few final adjustments to the waist of the jacket and now the functional button holes will be stitched...by hand ofc...and horn buttons sewn on. The pocket with the piping is a sunglasses pocket that was crafted to hold the sunglasses but not show that they are in there when the jacket is worn. The fabric is a spring/summer weight loro piana cashmere. The lining is silk. It has the traditional English ticket pocket...I was debating patch pockets but since I went with a full lining to try and get some use in the fall I went with the ticket pocket. The tailors are Turnbull & Asser.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 26, 2014
    5 people like this.
  17. TM79

TM79 Senior member

Got this when Brooks Brothers mailed out 40% off coupons. Stepped outside my comfort zone to add a casual SC - love the color now that I've worn it a couple times, and it's really light in weight. It's one of their Own Make SC's which is just a full canvass Southwick. The close up is more true to color but it's still not that bright - I only have an iPhone 5 for picture taking so getting true to color is tough, even with app filters.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 27, 2014
    2 people like this.
  18. TM79

TM79 Senior member

And this one is a bespoke by Raymond Personal Tailor in Boston. Fabric is 7.5 oz. Loro Piana - a wool/silk/linen blend. Again, color is a touch darker in real life but the close ups come close. The full shot blows - thanks, iPhone. It's a nice navy color with very subtle pattern running through it. Patch pockets, of course - but I didn't go triple because I dislike triple patch.

@europrep I know we've discussed Raymond Tailor before so I wanted to @ you in case you wanted to see an example of a jacket from him.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 27, 2014
  19. gyasih

gyasih Senior member

Nice stuff, gents.

Foxx, Spidey suit would have been killer :slayer:

20. Bonney

Bonney Senior member

I love the loro Piana jacket