1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Recent Purchases (Classic menswear - formerly Men's clothing)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by A Harris, Sep 23, 2008.

1. jrd617

jrd617 Senior member

Last edited: Mar 31, 2014
  2. in stitches

in stitches Senior member Moderator

what is the point you are trying to make?

3. jrd617

jrd617 Senior member

4. in stitches

5. jrd617

jrd617 Senior member

6. The_Foxx

The_Foxx Senior member

Jrd, You would really enjoy the current displays of bontoni and Berluti (especially the clothes...wow! Amazing blue blazer with killer details added) at bergdorf. Bontoni cap toe deep brown patina with a thin "braid" setting off the plain cap toe....amazing

7. BriceT1000

BriceT1000 Well-Known Member

Just bought a limited run boutique contract selection blue, no-not-navy, blue Castangia suit today. Will post photos next week when I pick it up. I have reached the end of my sartorial splurging for quite some time now I have a feeling.

8. The_Foxx

The_Foxx Senior member

Looking fwd to seeing the new castangia, Brice! I was ogling the rack of castangia say bergdorf today!

New MTM gray solid Sartorio suit-- my guy at Barneys has his personal outside tailor do quick turnaround work, does a great job on hand stitched buttonholes and v cut in trouser waistband
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4 people like this.
  9. Hirsh

Hirsh Senior member

Very smart and classic!:)

10. staxringold

staxringold Senior member

These just arrived:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/231182882838?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

The burgundy clones of the black Park Avenues I bought last month. Finally have staple shoes in good condition that fit nicely. But between those two sets of Park Aves and a random set of suede Allen Edmonds that an SFer was nice enough to sell me a while back... I'm definitely AE heavy. These two pairs are toying with me, trying to become my next purchase. Any opinions?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/31077274659...eName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

OR

http://www.ebay.com/itm/31082852934...eName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Last edited: Apr 1, 2014
  11. ridethecliche

ridethecliche Senior member

I'd stay away from cole haan, especially new. I have a few of their shoes and paid maybe a quarter of what you will for those. They're not the best quality and they don't age well. AE is far better. If you're going to spend that much money and don't seem to mind buying used, I'd start looking for C&J, Benchmade PRL, etc.

Your money will go much further.

12. in stitches

great looking suit, foxx.

13. othertravel

othertravel Senior member

Very nice. How much input did you have in the cut of the suit? Looks like you chose a classic fit with minimal waist suppression. Is that the typical Sartorio model?

14. Hirsh

Hirsh Senior member

I tried C and J monk shoes - beautiful black French calf, classic monk style and kept them for only 3 years, because they were so uncomfortable.

Now I wear Gaziano and Girling or Lobb of St.James, both of which are much more comfortable..

I still regret putting the Crocketts in the charity bag, but after numerous tweaks and minor repairs they were still agony to wear...

I'd look for G and G on eBay if I were you - they're much better made.:)

15. Hirsh

Hirsh Senior member

I'm going shopping for new boots tomorrow- 2 pairs IF I can afford it and I'm looking forward to it - bespoke so no pics immediately, but exciting nevertheless!

Watch this space...:)

16. jungleroller

jungleroller Senior member

Why must Carmina tease me so!

[​IMG]

http://www.skoaktiebolaget.se/products/pre-order-carmina-manolo

1 person likes this.
  17. The_Foxx

The_Foxx Senior member

Good place to stop when visiting, Riflessi on 57th. Prices often negotiable if u ask them to do a bit better, usually a hidden treasure or two can be found

il PIACERE รจ tutto mio!
    Borrelli jacket, prior to any alterations
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  18. borbor

borbor Senior member

navy blue wholecuts from afpos

[​IMG]

4 people like this.
  19. The_Foxx

The_Foxx Senior member

Holy Shiite! u buy these, too? Carminas look great, although I've noticed on several members the throat of the balmorals don't seem to close up nice and neat. Maybe just a lot of folks with a high instep like myself

Last edited: Apr 2, 2014
  20. jungleroller

jungleroller Senior member

No I didn't buy these. yet. Luckily they only require 50% down so I'm contemplating. I did recently purchase this so I'm trying to behave but it's difficult when they post things like that.

[​IMG]