Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Recent Purchases (Classic menswear - formerly Men's clothing)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by A Harris, Sep 23, 2008.

1. Mr. Moo

Mr. Moo Boxercise Toughguy

I assume it's baller but what is "LH"? Oh and good choice on the fabric of your sportscoat and dope tie. Can't see the cut though, is it a lot more drapey than your Rubinacci stuff? I think A&S is a very attractive choice for "casual" jackets, at least from what I've seen.

LH = London House = Rubinacci

2. whnay.

whnay. Senior member Dubiously Honored

I assume it's baller but what is "LH"? Oh and good choice on the fabric of your sportscoat and dope tie. Can't see the cut though, is it a lot more drapey than your Rubinacci stuff? I think A&S is a very attractive choice for "casual" jackets, at least from what I've seen.

A lot more drapey, my Rubinacci stuff looks like Hunstman in comparison. This is a first try for them but I liked the outcome. Much more a casual jacket for the weekends / casual meetings than anything else.

3. JohnGalt

JohnGalt Senior member

My new pen arrived today (sorry for the shitty cell phone pics)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Mr.K

Mr.K Senior member

Decided to get a pair of suede bucks for the summer time and could not beat the sale form YOOX. $59.00 shipped in 2 days for a pair of Ralph Lauren Polo suede bucks. I wanted to go with white, but was afraid I would never wear them. I also picked up another ribbon belt from the SF sale pages. Not bad for $15.00 dollars.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. The_Foxx

The_Foxx Senior member

hey, nice summer shoes and belt combo, and for a great deal. Wish I had better tastes in spring/ summer wear stuff like yours.

6. AlanC

AlanC Minister of Trad

Montecristi Panama from Art Fawcett:

[​IMG]

7. Sprezzatura2010

Sprezzatura2010 Senior member

Broke down and bought my dream watch, a Jaeger leCoultre Reverso. I went to an AD on my way home from work for an idle glance, but he really, really wanted the sale. I bought the second-simplest model, the stainless steel manual-wind Grand Taille (not a Duo) with an inset seconds dial, blued hands, and a brown alligator strap. (2708110 on their website.) Maybe I'll take pictures later, but it looks like this: [​IMG] The biggest surprise for me was how gigantic the box for this thing is! I'm not that into complications and such, but the style of the Reverso has always appealed to me. And it gives me nice flexibility, because my other nice watch (also a JLC, but several decades older) is round, 18k gold, and has a black croc strap.

8. lasbar

lasbar Senior member

Congratulations, this is beautiful watch...
    My dream is the American tank but I have different priorities now and I never wear a watch anyway...

9. maomao1980

maomao1980 Senior member Dubiously Honored

Vintage Cutler & Gross (circa 1980's)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. butkusrules

butkusrules Senior member

Andrew,

Since you proposed the idea, you should tell us what you've been buying lately!

Coincidentally, one of my recently purchases was a lovely pair of Stefano Branchini shoes, purchase from a certain eBay seller called "worldclassconsignment". Very nice indeed.

Otherwise, I hope to soon pick up one or two Corneliani suits from Sierra Trading Post, particularly if I can find a discount voucher for STP floating around. I'll have to post picks when I purchase them.

I don't have the balls to buy shoes from ebay like that. Its just such a gamble with shoes and most ebayer's don't love to refund your money.

11. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

I don't have the balls to buy shoes from ebay like that. Its just such a gamble with shoes and most ebayer's don't love to refund your money.
    Same here. Also I've never bought used shoes, and don't think I will.

12. GuidoWongolini

GuidoWongolini Senior member

Vintage Cutler & Gross (circa 1980's)
    - Sweet & very ChairMan..
    - Weird as shit that I bought something similar from TF..
    [​IMG]

13. gazman70k

gazman70k Senior member

^ Danger! Danger! HK iBloke styles are converging. Quarantine procedures need to be put in place immediately.

14. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

Broke down and bought my dream watch, a Jaeger leCoultre Reverso. I went to an AD on my way home from work for an idle glance, but he really, really wanted the sale. I bought the second-simplest model, the stainless steel manual-wind Grand Taille (not a Duo) with an inset seconds dial, blued hands, and a brown alligator strap. (2708110 on their website.) Maybe I'll take pictures later, but it looks like this: [​IMG] The biggest surprise for me was how gigantic the box for this thing is! I'm not that into complications and such, but the style of the Reverso has always appealed to me. And it gives me nice flexibility, because my other nice watch (also a JLC, but several decades older) is round, 18k gold, and has a black croc strap.
    DAAAAAMMMMNN!!! that's awesome. what are the AD's discounting JLC's by these days? i'm "kinda" saving up for a Master Hometime [​IMG] oh, and here's an interesting acquisition i made recently [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

15. maomao1980

maomao1980 Senior member Dubiously Honored

^ Danger! Danger! HK iBloke styles are converging. Quarantine procedures need to be put in place immediately.

Oh Plz, mine is a million times cooler because it is already over 20 years old before I even bought it. And I'm cooler still because I paid a premium (almost double) for it too [​IMG]