1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Recent Purchases (Classic menswear - formerly Men's clothing)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by A Harris, Sep 23, 2008.

1. suited

suited Senior member

I have one just like this, same color. Great square.
    Nice. I love stuff like this, I wish our climate allowed me to wear it more often. Arriving in a few days will be what I'm sure is the most badass, 100% cashmere Ermenegildo Zegna blazer ever made! I was looking for ties at the Zegna outlet a few hours from me and spotted it as I glanced at the rack of blazers. I threw it on and as I was walking toward the mirror I said to the SA "I usually don't try on jackets without a dress shirt because they look like..." and then I stopped mid-sentence when I saw how well it fit even with a polo on. It looked good with jeans, too, and I usually hate blazers with jeans. It also needed zero alterations. I debated on buying it, but ultimately left without taking it home. I lasted about 30 hours or so before buying it over the phone. I figured I'll eBay some of my blazers I never wear to make it more financially sensible. Can't wait to show pics.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2013
  2. razl

razl Senior member

At my local Zegna outlet, they have this cream and grey check, 100% cashmere sport coats with the **** COUTURE markings and, I swear, the material is just divine. The drape is almost liquid.

Appropriately, it's priced way out of my league - even reduced it's like $2K (from $6K or something?). I ogle it whenever I visit with a *sigh*.

3. jrd617

jrd617 Senior member

Kiton for Sartorio.

Navy fresco wool:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Grey nailhead:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

More to come.

4. ThinkDerm

ThinkDerm Senior member

photos

5. dddrees

dddrees Senior member

First pair of Vass shoes. As good as the photos maybe, they look even better in person.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. razl

razl Senior member

I'm going out of town in 2 days and won't visit until after I return, but even then - taking photos in a store? I'll feel like a creep. Hmmmm...

7. razl

razl Senior member

Now this is how to beat the heat. Mighty fine.

8. razl

razl Senior member

Score!

9. dddrees

dddrees Senior member

Thank you sir.

10. in stitches

in stitches Senior member Moderator

jrd and dddrees, awesome stuff. enjoy!

11. dddrees

dddrees Senior member

Thank you sir.

12. suited

suited Senior member

This sounds similar, but it's kind of a gray/brown large check. Brown elbow patches, unstructured. Can't remember if it had the couture markings - but the full retail was significantly less than 6k, so I'm assuming not couture line. I don't think I've ever experienced an off the rack fit like this before, especially with a polo shirt underneath it.

13. in stitches

in stitches Senior member Moderator

i experienced the exact same thing last i shopped at a zegna outlet. lol. look forward to seeing the pics.

14. othertravel

othertravel Senior member

I've seen Zegna couture suits for for $1500 at the outlets (but not the Zegna outlets). The fabric does feel like butter to the touch; it's great stuff.

15. The_Foxx

The_Foxx Senior member

very nice Sartorios! did you get them from yoox, other sources? I bought an Italian blue sartorio on yoox recently that has an excellent trim fit, and the shoulders are settling down nicely after a couple wears.

16. suited

suited Senior member

I managed to stay away from the pants, but they had some really great patterns from what I could tell.

The Neiman Marcus outlet near me has Zegna blazers a lot cheaper than the actual Zegna outlet, but nowhere near the selection/sizes, obviously.

1 person likes this.
  17. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

Zegna Couture does have some superlative pieces. i bought a jacket at the Orlando outlet that i thought was 100% cashmere, when i got home i discovered it was a cashmere/vicuna blend. hate it when that happens :D

18. ThinkDerm

ThinkDerm Senior member

photos??

19. suited

suited Senior member

Here she is...they left the store security tag on when it shipped, so I have to make a trip to the other Zegna outlet that's closer to me to get it removed. Hopefully I get a free tie out of the process. The iphone photos don't do it justice.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 26, 2013
    2 people like this.
  20. othertravel

othertravel Senior member