1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Recent Purchases (Classic menswear - formerly Men's clothing)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by A Harris, Sep 23, 2008.

1. Mr. Moo

Mr. Moo Senior member

I was alluding to the idea that there may or may not be links and websites where one could potentially procure said discounted merchandise.

2. matty long legs

matty long legs Senior member

A few months ago I picked up an unstructured LB windowpane SC at Marshall's. Retail was ~$2300. As you can see, it was going to be marked down to $119, but I didn't think it would last until the markdown so I kopped at $350.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I agree with Mr. Moo. LB is a lesser known brand than Brioni, Kiton, Zegna, etc so stores like Marshall's price it pretty low because customers are unfamiliar with the brand. A NWT but very shortened in the sleeves Zegna suit at the same Marshall's was $1700.

3. in stitches

in stitches Senior member Moderator

^^ WINRAR ^^

the few LB things i have seen at last call were priced super awesome. picked up my beloved quilted coat.

4. Mr. Moo

Mr. Moo Senior member

I need to hit up the Last Call(s) in the area... haven't been in over a year.

5. matty long legs

[​IMG]

I was hoping you were talking about something like ^, but I stalked your profile (thanks, SF Advanced Search!) and figured out you have more of a shirt-jacket. My jaw was going to hit the floor if you found something like the above at NMLC. Stitches, you mind PMing me what you paid? I'm really curious to check out NMLC next time I'm in NOVA/DC and I'd like an expectation of price. Thanks.

6. in stitches

dood. i go there at least monthly.

yeah, mine is wool glen plaid on the outside and quilted inside, i freaking love it. it was high 300s iirc.

as for pricing at LC, i find there is no way of knowing/expecting. the older something is the more markdowns, and when you can combine an in store sale with a coupon, thats when you are really hitting your stride.

usually when stuff first arrives its way cheaper than full MSRP, usually at least 50% markdown iirc, but still not super cheap. gotta wait and hope no one buys it if you want max discounts, ime.

7. Thanks SF (a new me)

Thanks SF (a new me) Senior member

x-post from folded shirt thread ...End-on-End (Sky), Bengal light blue...Thomas Mason fabric

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. steveoly

steveoly Senior member

Not to derail, but do you guys know who makes the newer Barbera mainline like in Matty Long Legs picture? Swee SC btw!
    I don't think it's the same as the Sartoriale Collezione maker(s) but I could certainly be wrong.

9. in stitches

do they not make their own stuff?

10. edmorel

edmorel Senior member Dubiously Honored

no, I think their best stuff, in terms of suits/jackets, was made by Attolini. Don't think Attolini makes for them anymore.

11. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

I have a recent jacket made by Sartoria Partenopea. Agree with Ed that Attolini was their pinnacle

12. in stitches

interesting, so LB only designs and chooses fabric, and then outsources all the production? i have no issue with that, i just thought they were a fully integrated company for some reason.

13. edmorel

edmorel Senior member Dubiously Honored

Partenopea can be really good, if the people they are making for have a strong hand. Left to their own devices, they take everything Napoli/Pitti and multiply by 10. "you want a high gorge, how about behind your ears!" "You want spalla?? We'll stick a 40 inch diameter sleeve in a 19 inch sleevehead!!!, It'll be like niagara falls!"

1 person likes this.
  14. ethanm

ethanm Senior member

I disagree, this is a perfectly reasonable layout for these lapels

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. steveoly

steveoly Senior member

The most recent Sartoriale Collezione is/was made by Partenopea. Some years back they were made by Attolini. Note: these are fantastic eBay finds because they're relatively cheap, well constructed and typically of a timeless cut.

I have not seen the mainline (non-collezione) in person. Matty Long Legs or anyone who has a new LB piece, can you see if there is a maker's tag in one of the interior pockets?

16. in stitches

the coat i got i think is from last fall/winter, if you like, ill get a pic of the tag.

17. steveoly

steveoly Senior member

Please do.
    :cheers:

18. matty long legs

Here you go. Again, I'm not sure what season this is from, but it definitely looks recent.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

19. in stitches

sorry, i passed out last night. will get pic tonight. :)

20. DerekS

DerekS Senior member

new stuff!
    corallorooso plaid soot by Isaia. I thought it would be a pretty heavy fabric...light as air and super comfy...feels like im wearing my PJs.
    [​IMG]
    Kiton oxford cloth lilac...I think this will be really versatile for me... something a little different than light blue
    [​IMG]