• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Recent Purchases (Classic menswear - formerly Men's clothing)

aj_del

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I dont know about these days but earlier Bodileys and Pediwear used to have free shipping while CJ used to charge for the same. These days I don't think both f them have a lot f stock ....

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

What is the difference between going to CJ directly and buying through some other store?

the prices in london are better than US, and they deduct the VAT when shipping abroad. brings the prices on par with the discount places online, or so i think.

ALSO! did you see that i osent back one of my OCBDs in exchange for the one you recommended? :)

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Selection, I'd imagine?

I dont know about these days but earlier Bodileys and Pediwear used to have free shipping while CJ used to charge for the same. These days I don't think both f them have a lot f stock ....

also this. bodileys seems to have a better selection, but pediwear is pretty bare atm, or last i checked anyways.

pediwear currently charges shipping, bodileys does not.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

How much was the shipping ?

maybe 50 bucks? again tho, shoes, trees and shipping, was still cheaper than only shoes from nyc store. i am happy with my decision. also, pediwear was out of stuck on them, and i had totally forgotten about bodileys.

bourbonbasted

Cyber Eliitist
Reaction score

brings the prices on par with the discount places online, or so i think.

Now that everyone's favorite Southeast Asian connect no longer exists, I find the selection and depth of discounts to be a bit disappointing. Might have to try your method.

aj_del

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am solid CJ fan but there are so many options these days from vass MTO at 680 usd to carmina at 300 euros to AS at 300 gbp.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Now that everyone's favorite Southeast Asian connect no longer exists, I find the selection and depth of discounts to be a bit disappointing. Might have to try your method.

plal?

I am solid CJ fan but there are so many options these days from vass MTO at 680 usd to carmina at 300 euros to AS at 300 gbp.

would you not put CJ on par with those? besides maybe vass. prices is about equal to AS and carmina.

Last edited:

aj_del

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It was meant as a comparison of quality. I meant that there is a lot of choice now especially since CJ seem to be in shortage at the online retailers

bourbonbasted

Cyber Eliitist
Reaction score

plal?
would you not put CJ on par with those? besides maybe vass. prices is about equal to AS and carmina.

That's the one. And I would, personally, put C&J above Carmina (due to consistency in QC), on-par with AS and below Vass.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

It was meant as a comparison of quality. I meant that there is a lot of choice now especially since CJ seem to be in shortage at the online retailers

ah, got it. thankfully, yes, there are lts of great shoe options these days. :)

That's the one. And I would, personally, put C&J above Carmina (due to consistency in QC), on-par with AS and below Vass.

i would agree with all, but might put CJ ahead of AS in general, aside from the higher end AS stuff. though admittedly, i dont have a ton of AS hands on experience.

bourbonbasted

Cyber Eliitist
Reaction score
I only have one pair of AS, and they are Handgrades, so my knowledge is also a bit limited. That said, head-to-head, I find AS Hangrades to be nicer than C&J Hand Grades (of which I have multiple pairs). Though this might just be my personal preference in terms of detailing and finishing...

Last edited:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
interesting, i too have 1 pair of AS handgrade, and i think id give a slight edge to the CJs that i have. well, to each their own.

youre the Cyber Eliitist, so ill defer to your knowledge on this one. ;)

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads