• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Recent Purchases (Classic menswear - formerly Men's clothing)

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

jrd617

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
sitch u are omnipresent obsessed with members my friend

Last edited:

eddievddr10

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
what that? a package? for me? how lovely!

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
would have liked a better pic, out of the plastic, but i could not wait til i got home to post. :blush:

9A54CC5E-500F-4097-9BC4-397EBB7C78F7-6229-0000060BF7887AEA.jpg

Last edited:

bourbonbasted

Cyber Eliitist
Reaction score
Stitch, have you ever considered going bespoke or at least MTM with your shirting? You seem to spending enough that you could make the jump pretty easily. And a number of tailors will include the bells and whistles that you like on the hand-finished eyetalian stuff. Just curious.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Stitch, have you ever considered going bespoke or at least MTM with your shirting? You seem to spending enough that you could make the jump pretty easily. And a number of tailors will include the bells and whistles that you like on the hand-finished eyetalian stuff. Just curious.

indeed i have. and i would love to. however, i only would do it in person. not sending my measurements, or a shirt i already have. to me, that isnt MTM, its almost, but not. and sadly, in bmore, there aint a MTM vendor worth even considering that i know of.

per a gdl rec, i hope to get to CEGO in nyc one of these day, get measured, and try using his services. although i often go to nyc, i rarely have the time, as im usually travelling for a wedding or some such. but i really hope to make it happen sooner than later.

im spending between 75-150 a shirt, i think i could get decent enough MTM for that. yes?

That Borrelli BD collar is huge!! Let me know how it looks on you. I've been interested in that kind of thing.

twas worth the risk. im sure a fit pic with it will be up soon. :)

Last edited:

matty long legs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

indeed i have. and i would love to. however, i only would do it in person. not sending my measurements, or a shirt i already have. to me, that isnt MTM, its almost, but not. and sadly, in bmore, there aint a MTM vendor worth even considering that i know of.

If you're ever in Richmond, Creery does great bespoke shirts. Everything is done in house.

bourbonbasted

Cyber Eliitist
Reaction score

per a gdl rec, i hope to get to CEGO in nyc one of these day, get measured, and try using his services. although i often go to nyc, i rarely have the time, as im usually travelling for a wedding or some such. but i really hope to make it happen sooner than later.
im spending between 75-150 a shirt, i think i could get decent enough MTM for that. yes?

Gotcha. I've had some decent success with online retailers, but that's really only because I have had a tailor friend measure, adjust and advise me on fittings (as a personal favor). So I have a pretty nailed-down pattern/set of measurements.

Dunno how pricing goes for y'all in the Mid-Atlantic, but in ATL Sid's MTM shirts are $155 a pop.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Probably has a nice roll...

that is exactly what i am hoping. :)

If you're ever in Richmond, Creery does great bespoke shirts. Everything is done in house.

noted, though i think i was there only once in my life. :(

Gotcha. I've had some decent success with online retailers, but that's really only because I have had a tailor friend measure, adjust and advise me on fittings (as a personal favor). So I have a pretty nailed-down pattern/set of measurements.
Dunno how pricing goes for y'all in the Mid-Atlantic, but in ATL Sid's MTM shirts are $155 a pop.

cool. yeah, looks like im pretty much there already as it is.

mktitsworth

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

twas worth the risk. im sure a fit pic with it will be up soon. :)

Do you (or anyone) know if CEGO only does in person work? I would love to try out his shirts, but Dallas to NYC is a bit tricky.

Hampton

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Stitchy, that pinstripe Borrelli is awesome. Thinking about a shirt like that maybe a bit brighter blue.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads