Recent Purchases (Classic menswear - formerly Men's clothing)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by A Harris, Sep 23, 2008.

1. gusvs

gusvs Senior member

Those look nice. How's the fit/sizing on them? Price?

They are slim fit, I sized up one size for a more relaxed fit. I paid 3990 JPY (about 40 USD).

[​IMG]

2. free man

free man Senior member

+1. Where??

'Famous Shoes' in Sarasota, FL. Honestly I was shocked to see them there [​IMG]

3. Mr.K

Mr.K Senior member

Decided to finally get a decent pair of shoes and ordered a pair of Loake Banks boots. Many said go up to C&J or Aldens, but I need to keep in a budget. With my daughter's college to save for and other bills the Loakes fit the budget best. I also picked up a new Alpha watch. I have worn their vintage hand wind chronos in the past and decided to try another. Alphas are homage watches and come with a great price. After my daughter's school is done, I can then get the final Rolex and the IWC I want.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. anon

anon Senior member

^ it's funny that you like Alpha. another message board I post on got a group purchase together and bought a bunch of Alphas. a few arrived dead, and most of the rest broke within a few months.

5. Mr.K

Mr.K Senior member

^ it's funny that you like Alpha. another message board I post on got a group purchase together and bought a bunch of Alphas. a few arrived dead, and most of the rest broke within a few months.

I have been very lucky. I had 2 of the hand wind chronos in the past and wore them for years before selling them. This is my first auto form them. Hopefully it lasts, if not I don't mind, it was only 47 dollars. After my daughter is done with school I will get the Rolex Perpetual to replace it.

6. robin

robin Senior member

7. darkoak

darkoak Senior member

[​IMG]
    Boris Becker is American?

8. Cary Grant

Cary Grant Senior member

A length of brown multi-stripe ~8oz cashmere blend /worsted 120's from GRM for a new summer two-piece DB. No pictures of the cloth I'm afraid.

Also- a new Geoff Nicholson tie-

[​IMG]

9. The_Foxx

The_Foxx Senior member

Thanks to all who advised me on the possible (which may not actually be necessary, we'll see) sleeve alterations to my most recent purchase. Moderate lapels, higher armhole, almost a fishmouth notch lapel, double vents.

This is my first "vintage" item, a Douglas Hayward bespoke that matches my measurements perfectly-- even the trouser measurements. I actually plan to wear them as separates, so I now have a pair of flat front tweed trousers-- what does one wear with a pair of trousers like these (besides a trim fitting, open collar white shirt?)?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Miguel Alvarez

Miguel Alvarez Senior member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

pics of my latest acquisition

11. DocHolliday

DocHolliday Senior member Dubiously Honored

This is my first "vintage" item, a Douglas Hayward bespoke that matches my measurements perfectly-- even the trouser measurements. I actually plan to wear them as separates, so I now have a pair of flat front tweed trousers-- what does one wear with a pair of trousers like these (besides a trim fitting, open collar white shirt?)?
    I dig tweed, and it can work with everything from that plain white shirt to tattersalls to sweaters to sportcoats. It looks like they're a relatively lightweight herringbone, right? If so, I'd just treat them like any other pair of brown trou. I wouldn't pair them with a non-matching herringbone coat, but otherwise .... I normally pair tweed with items of similar spirit and heft, but there's no need to feel locked into the tweedy English gent aesthetic. Here, the herringbone just adds a little texture and surface interest.

12. voxsartoria

voxsartoria Goon member

This is my first "vintage" item, a Douglas Hayward bespoke that matches my measurements perfectly-- even the trouser measurements.

Love it. Nice find.

- B

13. Mildly Consumptive

Mildly Consumptive Senior member

Just purchased another sale tie from Drakes as well as a knit merino sale scarf. The scarves are on sale until the end of March. Drakes delivery speed is ridiculous. Placed my last order on a Sunday, processed same day, arrived on Tuesday.

[​IMG][​IMG]

14. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

Edward Green Dover in dark brown pingrain, 82 last Edward Green Chelsea in chestnut, 202 last Kiton dress shirt in 60% linen, 40% cotton (am i allowed to call this chino lino? [​IMG] ) rockin Truzzi cotton/cashmere blend shirt from eHaberdasher and one of my holy grail items: a plain white Truzzi dress shirt [​IMG] to come: a shitload of shoe trees

15. gusvs

gusvs Senior member

[​IMG]

pics of my latest acquisition

Very nice, congrats!