Recent Purchases (Classic menswear - formerly Men's clothing)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by A Harris, Sep 23, 2008.

1. btinl

btinl Senior member

Just picked up these at Neiman's on deep discount. I kinda think they are a little frumpy, but they fit like a glove. Ferragamo, who knew?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Which Neiman? Any sizes left? How much?

2. Parker

Parker Senior member Dubiously Honored

I think got the last pair at the San Francisco NM. They were on the sale rack. Size 8.5 (I usually take a 9). $250 down from $695. They are dark brown. Style is called Nomad. Basically a brogued blucher. Not really a "wing" tip but a "u" tip.

These aren't Tremezzas, but the SA said they were a nice example of the Originale construction. The last is very narrow (maybe B/C) and fit my feet really well. So, there ya go.

Happy New Year everyone!

3. Holdfast

Holdfast Senior member

- so these are the dudes we need to have a chat about your pants being either being too long or full & jacket sleeves not cuff-ability..

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Look, one of the pairs of trousers I took in were RL Black Label - if that's not going to be slim enough for your tastes, I don't know what will! My thighs only just about fit into them!

Slim trousers are just not doable for my stocky legs. [​IMG]

(PS. cuff-ability??)

4. PocketCircle

PocketCircle Senior member

Went into Ede just to get some trousers hemmed, came out with new ties & a pocket square... funny how that happens.

[​IMG]

(the socks are from M&S; needed to stock up!)

HF... you should give me hints about where they have good sales in London right now.

5. GuidoWongolini

GuidoWongolini Senior member

[​IMG] [​IMG] Look, one of the pairs of trousers I took in were RL Black Label - if that's not going to be slim enough for your tastes, I don't know what will! My thighs only just about fit into them! Slim trousers are just not doable for my stocky legs. [​IMG] (PS. cuff-ability??)
    - I just think (most seem to comment as well), the times you wear a slimmer suit are few are far but WOW they make a difference on you. - Your jackets always appear to be a bit boxy? Again, when you wear a slimmer cut.. SUPREME - as for cuff-ability (I made it up), your jacket sleeves are a fraction too long or shirt sleeve too short? But I do notice on a regular basis that you move the jacket sleeve up to show your shirt cuff - I also remembering you once commenting that your tailor either won't shorten you pant or waist you jackets as much as you like? FWIW I think we are about the same in height (5'7") & build, I too have built legs (as per my WAYW posts of me in shorts from cycling & soft sand running) Back to Topic Field Coat Navy Noshiro weave cotton/linen 4B (concealed) w patch pockets, stand-up collar & Neapolitan shoulder treatment - OTR/MIJ Herringbone Sweater Navy/white stripe VN fitted Malawi cotton/linen - OTR Herringbone Bag Chocolate canvas with brown saddle leather detail & "wacky" yellow fisherman netting for the outside (perfuect for camera & cigars) - Paul Smith British Collection * all but the sweater have been featured over the last few days, will work the sweater in soon

6. philosophe

philosophe Senior member

- I just think (most seem to comment as well), the times you wear a slimmer suit are few are far but WOW they make a difference on you.
    - Your jackets always appear to be a bit boxy? Again, when you wear a slimmer cut.. SUPREME

HF, PG speaks the truth. Slimmer looks much better on you.

7. AlanC

AlanC Minister of Trad

Alan, do you own any other RRL products? If not, you're in for a treat. I love my RRL jeans.

Just saw this, it's been hectic the past week.

This is my first RRL item of any sort. They're great jeans, super stiff. Of course, they're also my first foray into the higher end stuff. I'm looking forward to breaking them in.

8. Holdfast

Holdfast Senior member

- I just think (most seem to comment as well), the times you wear a slimmer suit are few are far but WOW they make a difference on you.
    - Your jackets always appear to be a bit boxy? Again, when you wear a slimmer cut.. SUPREME
    - as for cuff-ability (I made it up), your jacket sleeves are a fraction too long or shirt sleeve too short? But I do notice on a regular basis that you move the jacket sleeve up to show your shirt cuff
    - I also remembering you once commenting that your tailor either won't shorten you pant or waist you jackets as much as you like?
    FWIW I think we are about the same in height (5'7") & build, I too have built legs (as per my WAYW posts of me in shorts from cycling & soft sand running)

Maybe it's just my little hang-up and I just need to get used to wearing slim-cut stuff.

Liking the sounds of this a lot!

9. GusW

GusW Senior member Dubiously Honored

We headed into San Francisco to stay overnight for New Years Eve. Got in early and stopped at a few shops. I picked up a Cucinelli salmon colored sweater, cashmere with a buttoned neck,(less 30, less 40) also a Cucinelli blue linen shirt (50% off) and Cucinelli blue line jacket with pinstripes (40% off). The sweater I am wearing today. The jacket went right over to Oxford tailors and should work its way into heavy rotation around late March when the East Bay starts getting warm again.

I also got a cashmere scarf and navy patterned socks.

10. KaiserSose

KaiserSose Senior member

11. sartort

sartort Senior member

Maybe it's just my little hang-up and I just need to get used to wearing slim-cut stuff.

Holdfast,

I've never commented on the WAYWN as far as this goes, but I think you would do well with slimmer trousers. I know it's takes some getting used to psychologically (haha, as if I should speak to you about that!) but you might want to give it a shot. If you have a pair of older trousers that don't get much use, you could take them to your tailor and have them slimmed down. My tailor charges $15 to taper trousers. I don't know...maybe worth a shot.

12. forex

forex Senior member

http://www.ralphlauren.com/product/i...entPage=family

Got these for $225 at Ralph Lauren's flagship NYC store today

Are they having some sort of extra discount?Those are $499 on the web and with 30% off would be $350.Maybe flagship store has cheaper prices[​IMG]

13. KaiserSose

KaiserSose Senior member

I suppose so.. RLBL shirts were $75 and RLPL shirts were $100 in good colors / sizes.. The boots were selling like hot cakes though. When I was there four different people bought them. They also had a pair of beautiful black monk straps (not shown on the website currently) that were discounted down from $550 to $150. Unforunately the 9.5 fit just a little too tight for me.

Oh and $225 was after tax.

14. forex

forex Senior member

I suppose so.. RLBL shirts were $75 and RLPL shirts were $100 in good colors / sizes.. The boots were selling like hot cakes though. When I was there four different people bought them. They also had a pair of beautiful black monk straps (not shown on the website currently) that were discounted down from $550 to $150. Unforunately the 9.5 fit just a little too tight for me.

I should call them tomorrow,there are couple of things that I want,maybe the store has them for a lower price than they are on the website.
    thank you

15. KaiserSose

KaiserSose Senior member

I should call them tomorrow,there are couple of things that I want,maybe the store has them for a lower price than they are on the website.
    thank you

Definitely worth a try. No problem.