• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Recent Purchases (Classic menswear - formerly Men's clothing)

reedobandito

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just purchased a few Dunhill items, a navy cardigan and a navy wool peacoat, both size small (NWT). Not sure if they're gonna gel with my style so they may end up on the B&S here. How is the brand regarded? Shoot me a pm if you wanna get first dibs, but I might end up keeping.

Thoughts?

sprout

Reaction score
Just purchased a few Dunhill items, a navy cardigan and a navy wool peacoat, both size small (NWT). Not sure if they're gonna gel with my style so they may end up on the B&S here. How is the brand regarded? Shoot me a pm if you wanna get first dibs, but I might end up keeping.
Thoughts?

It had prestige, but I think the consensus around here is that that has disintegrated and they started to take a more directionally SW&D approach to the cuts and designs. I would class it as "out of favor." However, your items sound like simple basics, so they could well be nice. I've seen a few items that looked solid -- sort of an austere, less futuristic version of Jil Sander.

PipersSon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Crosspost SW&D recent purchase
RLPL Cardigan,

99b5bf0e_11.jpeg

ad9aaff3_IMG_0009.jpeg

c85b494a_IMG_0010.jpeg

fed0203e_IMG_0011.jpeg

1b077e73_IMG_0012.jpeg

I tried it in store, really wanted to kop but it didn't fit perfectly . How much did it cost you, if you don't mind my asking? Thanks

Last edited:

reedobandito

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

It had prestige, but I think the consensus around here is that that has disintegrated and they started to take a more directionally SW&D approach to the cuts and designs.  I would class it as "out of favor."  However, your items sound like simple basics, so they could well be nice.  I've seen a few items that looked solid -- sort of an austere, less futuristic version of Jil Sander.

This is the impression I gathered as well...Cuts appear to be pretty slim, which I can get behind. Might just keep this stuff, but it's a bit pricey for a college student like me. The quality is still good then, right?

sprout

Reaction score
This is the impression I gathered as well...Cuts appear to be pretty slim, which I can get behind. Might just keep this stuff, but it's a bit pricey for a college student like me. The quality is still good then, right?

It varies by garment. Mind the Made In label. Some stuff is fragile. You haven't really elaborated on the items you got, so it's anybody's guess. I remember liking some coats they had.
By the way, since you are curious and we're on the subject, older Dunhill stuff is coveted to some extent (if eBay is any indication... which, frankly, I think is not) -- rolltop lighters and other desktop gewgaws.

Mr.K

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just a couple late birthday presents from my wife.

Alden for Obscura Cap Toe Boots

La Portegna House Slippers for Monocle

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
^Nice, may have to swagger jack you on the travel slippers.

reedobandito

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

It varies by garment.  Mind the Made In label.  Some stuff is fragile.  You haven't really elaborated on the items you got, so it's anybody's guess.   I remember liking some coats they had.
By the way, since you are curious and we're on the subject, older Dunhill stuff is coveted to some extent (if eBay is any indication... which, frankly, I think is not) -- rolltop lighters and other desktop gewgaws.

got a wool peacoat and cotton/cashmere cardi, basicssss

Salad

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Had this custom bow made by Cordial Churchman for the holidays, the tshirt is a gift for my nephew. Bow is reversible with wool Blackwatch and black satin. Awesome on both sides!

bLlRG.jpg

MattR

Reaction score
Keeping with the bowtie above, my fiance just happened to be in Chicago this weekend with some friends, so I got to take advantage of Paul Stuart's recent $50 in-store gift certificate. Each of her friends kindly printed a gift certificate for me, although I'm sure the sales women was not too happy about it.

Picked up this glen plaid bowtie:

Cashmere gloves in charcoal:

and some crew socks:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads