Recent Purchases (Classic menswear - formerly Men's clothing)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by A Harris, Sep 23, 2008.

1. GodAtum

GodAtum Senior member

I bought a Burberry down filled jacket for winter, it's great so far:

[​IMG]

2. mktitsworth

mktitsworth Senior member

Was it in Dallas? I think Chris showed me that jacket as part of a demonstration on the difference between his peak and notch. It's a beaut. Finally, after six months... [​IMG] Gaziano and Girling Deco Collcutts.

3. txeconomist

txeconomist Senior member

I dont think that HF currently makes a Madison model outside of special order. At least thats what the Saks guy said...

4. KJT

KJT Senior member

They sell them on their website: http://www.hickeyfreeman.com/mens-suits/navy-hairline-stripe-suit-madison-model/ (not saying this is the exact suit, but just that they still make madison models). Same fabric too: 100% Pure Worsted Wool - Super 130s
    •Loro Piana Tasmanian

Last edited: Oct 11, 2011

5. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

[​IMG]

6. Minarchist

Minarchist Senior member

Stopped in my local consignment store to kill a bit of time on my way to the liquor store to pick up the BTAC bourbon. Wound up grabbing a pair of cognac/chestnut brown captoes by Stuart's Choice. Need a good polish, but otherwise in great shape. Anyone know who made them? Grenson? EG? Only last notation above the size is "8001.17". Pics to come soon, hopefully, but they're gorgeous. In your size too, Spoo. ;)

Also found a haul of Hermes slacks, worn once, for $98 each. They fit perfectly; even the hem needs no alteration. Picked up a brown pair, left several others including some beautiful corduroys. Hopefully they'll get marked down a bit more so I can swoop in on the rest, but damn. Nice stuff.

I was out $300 before I even made it to the liquor store. Cut down my bourbon purchasing a bit. :(

7. bourbonbasted

bourbonbasted Cyber Eliitist

Thank God there is no consignment shop like that around me, let alone near my liquor store. I'd be constantly fueling my vices.

8. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

:lurk:

9. Minarchist

Minarchist Senior member

Yeah, I'm a big fan of that consignment store. They recently started getting NWT overstock from a high-end clothes dealer in Memphis as well, so now they're selling brand-new still-basted Zegna, Canali, Bill's Khaki's, and even some Brioni for pretty damn cheap.

10. bwep

bwep New Member

yes. i appreciate the acknowledgement. my standard has generally been a peaked lapel from chris. i am glad that he is going to a more natural shoulder w/o padding. his trousers are still the best! i think tony g will be in next month

11. SpooPoker

Whats pretty damn cheap?

12. Minarchist

Minarchist Senior member

Can't remember off the top of my head, but I want to say the Canali suits were running in the $400s, the Brionis maybe twice that? I'd have to go back and check (and probably pick up the rest of the Hermes pants while I'm at it). Lots of Zegna trou for ~$100, including some buttery-soft cords. Lots of denim from that store, too, but I'm not as familiar with pricing on that stuff.

13. KJT

KJT Senior member

Jacket fits pretty nicely, although perhaps a bit long in the front. Pants need to be let out an inch and shortened a little. Here are some pics, although they are terrible. I'll have to get someone else to take pictures in the future.

Shoulder fit is good:
    [​IMG]

Accurate look at length of sleeves and jacket. Might have to talk to my tailor to see if there is anything he can do to adjust the balance of the length to the front and back:
    [​IMG]

Still pretty happy with the purchase, it's a beautiful suit.

14. mktitsworth

mktitsworth Senior member

Yes, Tony will be there the 20th. I've gone with a 3-roll-2, for which it seemed peak lapels would be out of place. I must agree about the trousers. They were amazing at my first fitting.

15. Wjleier

Wjleier Senior member

[​IMG]
    couple new shirts. (mtm)

[​IMG]
    couple new ties

[​IMG]
    New Holland& Sherry suit.