• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Recent Purchases (Classic menswear - formerly Men's clothing)

Kaplan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Heh, I thought about asking if you had gotten special lenses but just assumed you had scrathed the logo off (as I did with my aviators). Was this to get prescription lenses or just a better quality of polarized glass?

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kaplan
Heh, I thought about asking if you had gotten special lenses but just assumed you had scrathed the logo off (as I did with my aviators). Was this to get prescription lenses or just a better quality of polarized glass?

Prescription. And to try polarized glass for the first time.

Kaplan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gotcha. I got my Ray Ban Cockpits with polarized glass as well and think it's a great improvement over non-polarized. The only problem is that I can't read the LCD on my Canon when it's turned on the side
wink.gif

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kaplan
Gotcha. I got my Ray Ban Cockpits with polarized glass as well and think it's a great improvement over non-polarized. The only problem is that I can't read the LCD on my Canon when it's turned on the side
wink.gif

I hope I'll experience the same improvement.

smile.gif
I'm not sure if I can take pics with sunglasses on (not with my old camera and sunglasses anyway), because I use the viewfinder.

Ich_Dien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think polarised glasses really help you as a photographer in all weathers.

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ich_Dien
I think polarised glasses really help you as a photographer in all weathers.

Do you use them with a viewfinder?

Ich_Dien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NOBD
Do you use them with a viewfinder?

I don't if I'm trying to align up the shot properly, but they give me a great view to finding good landscape and architecture pictures as the contrast without glare is very evident.

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ich_Dien
I don't if I'm trying to align up the shot properly, but they give me a great view to finding good landscape and architecture pictures as the contrast without glare is very evident.

I see what you mean. Good point.

BrianVarick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have the exact same sunglasses sitting here, that I removed the logo on. They look so much cleaner now.

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd like to get rid of the metal side logo's as well, but I don't think that's going to work...

bourbonbasted

Cyber Eliitist
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NOBD
I'd like to get rid of the metal side logo's as well, but I don't think that's going to work...

Don't try that. I attempted a few years ago with the help of a girl at my optometrist's office who swore she could take it off. She couldn't. Nice way to make me spend an additional $100 at the office.

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bourbonbasted
Don't try that. I attempted a few years ago with the help of a girl at my optometrist's office who swore she could take it off. She couldn't. Nice way to make me spend an additional $100 at the office.

That s*cks. You had to pay?

No, I wasn't planning to:

6MCbJ.jpg

I might blacken it.

Ich_Dien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oliver Peoples vintage re-run 1955. Made in Japan. Tortoise with black arms and Zeiss lenses. I didn't buy them for the case - but it is very nice!
DSC_3524.jpg
DSC_3528.jpg
Press shot (alternate temples and frame to mine)
Screenshot2011-06-11at192342.png

PhiloVance

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Due to the recent spate of pretty good sales in the NYC area, I still havent had a chance to move some of my recent purchases from the guest bedroom:

IMG_2684.jpg

RLPL Cashmere tie in glen plaid check - unlined, $50 at the RL sample sale; 3 Turnbull & Asser shirts from the recent sale. I've always had a thing for a bold British vertical striped-shirt, $25 each at the summer sale.

IMG_2683.jpg

RLPL boxers, $25 at the recent RL sale at Soiffer Haskin; RLPL lilac dress shirt by Lorenzini, $90; Brunello Cucinelli lilac check dress shirt, $75 at the BC sample sale.

IMG_2685.jpg

Cream Brunello Cucinelli half-zip cashmere sweater, $160; Brunello Cucinelli 3-button polo, $55; Lacoste polos from Woodbury Outlet, $45 each.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads