1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Recent Purchases (Classic menswear - formerly Men's clothing)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by A Harris, Sep 23, 2008.

1. TCN

TCN Senior member

Ordered in August, just arrived; Weston 180's in pebbled chocolate (with an old Parker Duofold that just arrived as well).

[​IMG]

2. KJT

KJT Senior member

Bought this current Hickey Freeman Madison suit last night for $76:

[​IMG]

Good deal? Seems to be flawless based on the pictures and should be a perfect fit base on the measurements.

3. ThinkDerm

ThinkDerm Senior member

are you 6'4"? looks long

4. KJT

KJT Senior member

Nope, 6'1. It's a 44L. I think the seller clipped it back on the mannequin so that may be throwing off the proportions a bit.

Assuming that the measurements are accurate, it should fit me just fine.

I'll post again when it arrives.

5. ThinkDerm

ThinkDerm Senior member

Sounds good. best wishes with it!

6. Achillus

Achillus Senior member

Nice, however you need to wear it to see if it fits ;).

Last edited: Oct 11, 2011
  7. bwep

bwep New Member

new to the forum.

last week I picked up light grey SB peaked lapel suit that Chris Despos made for me, purchased a pair of edward green claydons, c& J suede chukkas, and a smoking jacket from louis everard. it was a decent week...

8. bourbonbasted

bourbonbasted Senior member

[​IMG]

9. Achillus

Achillus Senior member

:lol:

10. TheTukker

TheTukker Senior member

This could just be an amazing buy, depending on the fit.

11. GodAtum

GodAtum Senior member

I bought a Burberry down filled jacket for winter, it's great so far:

[​IMG]

12. mktitsworth

mktitsworth Senior member

Was it in Dallas? I think Chris showed me that jacket as part of a demonstration on the difference between his peak and notch. It's a beaut. Finally, after six months... [​IMG] Gaziano and Girling Deco Collcutts.

13. txeconomist

txeconomist Senior member

I dont think that HF currently makes a Madison model outside of special order. At least thats what the Saks guy said...

14. KJT

KJT Senior member

They sell them on their website: http://www.hickeyfreeman.com/mens-suits/navy-hairline-stripe-suit-madison-model/ (not saying this is the exact suit, but just that they still make madison models). Same fabric too: 100% Pure Worsted Wool - Super 130s
    •Loro Piana Tasmanian

15. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

[​IMG]

16. Minarchist

Minarchist Senior member

Stopped in my local consignment store to kill a bit of time on my way to the liquor store to pick up the BTAC bourbon. Wound up grabbing a pair of cognac/chestnut brown captoes by Stuart's Choice. Need a good polish, but otherwise in great shape. Anyone know who made them? Grenson? EG? Only last notation above the size is "8001.17". Pics to come soon, hopefully, but they're gorgeous. In your size too, Spoo. ;)

Also found a haul of Hermes slacks, worn once, for $98 each. They fit perfectly; even the hem needs no alteration. Picked up a brown pair, left several others including some beautiful corduroys. Hopefully they'll get marked down a bit more so I can swoop in on the rest, but damn. Nice stuff.

I was out $300 before I even made it to the liquor store. Cut down my bourbon purchasing a bit. :(

17. bourbonbasted

bourbonbasted Senior member

Thank God there is no consignment shop like that around me, let alone near my liquor store. I'd be constantly fueling my vices.

18. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

:lurk:

19. Minarchist

Minarchist Senior member

Yeah, I'm a big fan of that consignment store. They recently started getting NWT overstock from a high-end clothes dealer in Memphis as well, so now they're selling brand-new still-basted Zegna, Canali, Bill's Khaki's, and even some Brioni for pretty damn cheap.

20. bwep

bwep New Member

yes. i appreciate the acknowledgement. my standard has generally been a peaked lapel from chris. i am glad that he is going to a more natural shoulder w/o padding. his trousers are still the best! i think tony g will be in next month