Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Recent Purchases (Classic menswear - formerly Men's clothing)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by A Harris, Sep 23, 2008.

1. AlanC

AlanC Minister of Trad

2. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

I like the red tie, Spoo. Where did you pick these up?

C21. I may do a proxy - they are pretty nice and tied a great knot. Good fillers for $10. Depends if there is interest.

3. ThinkDerm

ThinkDerm Senior member

C21. I may do a proxy - they are pretty nice and tied a great knot. Good fillers for $10. Depends if there is interest.
    i've seen these, and they're decent... but there's no mention of what material they are made of...

which c21 did you hit?

4. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

i've seen these, and they're decent... but there's no mention of what material they are made of...

which c21 did you hit?

And no mention of where they are made.. but they are definitely better made than the regular silk ones.

I hit all c21s.... [​IMG]

5. landshark

landshark Senior member

What variety of colors do they come in? I would definitely be interested in a few.

6. SpooPoker

There were blues, blacks, greens..stripes, regimentals. A bunch. Ill try and get back in this week and grab a bunch. Ill let you know.

7. robzzz

robzzz New Member

8. BBC

BBC Senior member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Alden flex welt unlined snuff suede lhs

9. furosemide

furosemide Senior member

10. EBugatti

EBugatti Senior member

I just picked up 3 Burma Bibas knit ties today - $9.97 each. Quality seems OK for the price - needed to fill some gaps and you cant get much better than that pricewise... They had tons of other colors, stripes, etc too. Will test drive these and see if its worth stocking up. [​IMG]

Spoo, while I generally applaud your adventurous selections, I must say the orange and pink knits look like terry cloth bathrobe ties in neon colors... are they cotton?

11. forex

forex Senior member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Alden flex welt unlined snuff suede lhs

BBC,are these any different than BB version? I don't know if BB version are lined or unlined.I want to get BB pennies in cordovan and suede come christmas sale.

12. BBC

BBC Senior member

BBC,are these any different than BB version? I don't know if BB version are lined or unlined.I want to get BB pennies in cordovan and suede come christmas sale.

The suede pennies are only available through Alden (not BB), but they are unlined and on the flex welt with an oiled leather sole so they are extremely comfortable right out of the box - no need to break them in at all. Actually, the heel area is lined, but not the forefoot. Here's the stock picture: (http://www.aldenshop.com/DrawOneShoe.asp?CategoryID=118)

The main difference between the Alden shell lhs and the Alden for BB shell lhs is that the BB version is unlined. There is absolutely no question, get the unlined BB version - the single layer of shell is very comfortable. IIRC, they'll go on sale right after Christmas for something like $450.

Both the suede and shell cordovan lhs are on the Van last.

13. forex

forex Senior member

The suede pennies are only available through Alden (not BB), but they are unlined and on the flex welt with an oiled leather sole so they are extremely comfortable right out of the box - no need to break them in at all. Actually, the heel area is lined, but not the forefoot. Here's the stock picture: (http://www.aldenshop.com/DrawOneShoe.asp?CategoryID=118)

The main difference between the Alden shell lhs and the Alden for BB shell lhs is that the BB version is unlined. There is absolutely no question, get the unlined BB version - the single layer of shell is very comfortable. IIRC, they'll go on sale right after Christmas for something like $450.

Both the suede and shell cordovan lhs are on the Van last.

Thanks,BB has the suede pennies also so I plan to get both of them. For some reason,website says that suede pennies are lined whereas shell pennies are unlined. I guess it'll take time to break them in.

14. BBC

BBC Senior member

Thanks,BB has the suede pennies also so I plan to get both of them. For some reason,website says that suede pennies are lined whereas shell pennies are unlined. I guess it'll take time to break them in.

When you say "suede pennies" are you referring to the "Sporty Suede Penny Loafers" (http://www.brooksbrothers.com/IWCatP...=&sectionsize=) around $200? If so, those aren't the Alden ones like mine above, but Italian made and have some version of a beefroll, but maybe I'm looking in the wrong spot.

15. forex

forex Senior member