• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Recent purchase and closet....

The_Foxx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was pretty excited about getting my suit back from the tailor; however, pix didn't turn out well. Greyish/ taupish and black DB 6x2 glen plaid Brioni suit, Luigi Borrelli blue shirt, navy Robert Talbott best of Class necktie. Found a neat pocketsquare to set off the shirt and tie. Wearing with Trafalgar braces, which I really prefer to the fancier brands. Tried posting pix of my closet, a work in progress....
brioni2001.jpg
closet001.jpg
closet11.jpg
closet12.jpg

Renault78law

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
OMG, you look spectacular in that suit. Hahaha, not trying to hit on you or anything, but among us in the know, saying "that suit looks smashing," is a bit of a backhanded compliment.
wink.gif
I've been gathering my courage to get a DB suit. Although my checking account doesn't share my enthusiasm, I thank you for bolstering my confidence. Time to head to Brioni... Cool closet too. Seems like you have lots of space. I like the idea of putting pictures in there.

Nick M

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Foxx is the new Cary Grant, as far as I'm concerned. I mean, look at those teeth. Just look at 'em.
biggrin.gif
I need a nice DB suit very badly...

banksmiranda

Reaction score
Lookin' good, Foxx. The color combo of your shirt, tie, pocket square and suit is nice. Nice closet - I see you have your clothing-related books stowed away with your clothes. I see you have Flusser's Dressing the Man and Walker's Savile Row. May I ask which other (clothing-related) books you have?

A Harris

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Lookin good. Brioni's cut does indeed suit you (no pun intended.)

Thracozaag

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's a really wonderfully put together outfit; cut, colour..bravo.

koji

The_Foxx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the compliments....you know, I've recently started buying things in 42 short (such is that suit pictured), which helps to make my legs look longer. I'm between 5'9 and 5'10, and have many 42 reg stuff-- but I have to admit the short sizes look in better balance/ more in tune with flusser philosophy. banks, I have a decent collection of clothing books: Savile Row, the Illustrated history Flusser's newest book, in addition to Style and the Man (gave away his other large pic-book to someone who needed it more than I did at the time&#33
wink.gif
Brioni book 2 chicsimple mens clothing type books, altho not that great they give me ideas from time to time Rotzel's book Gentleman: timeless fashion Thought it would be interesting to see if the closet pix sparked other pics from forum members. I can't say enough about hangers from the container store-- wow. I pick up one or two every few months, when needed. Unfortunately, my military background seems to demand a uniform space between hangers, and an unhealthy organization of items into dark cherry hangers= suits, light wood= blazers. Sick, I tell you.

banksmiranda

Reaction score
Foxx, I'll try to post some pics once I get a digital camera. I could try to use my film camera, but I take a while to finish each roll.

Keith T

TWAT Master.
Reaction score
Sick, I tell you.
"Sick" is noticing that one of the the suits in your closet (the one on the far left) has its bottom button on the sleeve undone. Â Wink, wink, nudge, nudge. And the closet itself, well, it seems to whisper, and I swear I mean this in a good way...."Less is more". Â And "Quality over quantity". Â Now don't go and ruin it Foxx, and tell me that the closet extends another 80 feet outside of the edge of the picture. Â
smile.gif

kabert

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Very nice. A great example of how a DB suit can look great. Makes me wish I had bid up a little more on a NWT Brioni DB suit recently on EBay. I particularly like how it fits your shoulders -- close fitting. I've really come to dislike jackets that make the shoulders stick way out in an unnatural way.

dorian

Reaction score
Love the photo of Myrna Loy, Asta, and William Powell... not to mention the rest.
smile.gif

STYLESTUDENT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Love the photo of Myrna Loy, Asta, and William Powell... not to mention the rest. Â
smile.gif
Is that Cary Grant and Irene Dunne in the other photo? Both Grant and Powell favored the muted colors and the solid tie you're wearing. It's always been a good look.

clarinetplayer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What a great suit. And what a closet....

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads