• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Recent prices at JL factory shop?

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey,

I am thinking about making a trip to the UK and, amongst other things, making a visit to the JL factory shop in Northampton. But before I decide to do so, could anyone please give an updated figure on how much the standard pricing for JL seconds is at the moment? I am specifically talking about "nicer" models such as William, Jermyn, Chapel, City and so on... No exotic or outlandish make-ups.

Thanks!

Last edited:

Farhad19620

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hey,

I am thinking about making a trip to the UK and, amongst other things, making a visit to the JL factory shop in Northampton. But before I decide to do so, could anyone please give an updated figure on how much the standard pricing for JL seconds is at the moment? I am specifically talking about "nicer" models such as William, Jermyn, Chapel, City and so on... No exotic or outlandish make-ups.

Thanks!

Make sure you are allowed to visit the factory shop first call them before you make the journey. The last time I called for prices they said around GBP 450/= not sure if this is still the case.

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Make sure you are allowed to visit the factory shop first call them before you make the journey. The last time I called for prices they said around GBP 450/= not sure if this is still the case.

Thanks for the heads up, Farhad! I didn't know you had to phone in advance.
Ok, so they will still cost as much as 450 GBP? I thought I read somewhere on SF that JL subs cost around 150-250 GBP... But that might be old prices?

Hope you're enjoying those awesome almond grain leather EG Galways!
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If anyone else could confirm that prices are indeed about 450 GBP, I'd really appreciate it!

LS7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah £450 is about right. Some are more expensive than that; St. Crepin's I've seen there at £600. Prices were raised a few years ago now, I guess in an attempt to stem the tide of their stock being moved to eBay by resellers.

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah £450 is about right. Some are more expensive than that; St. Crepin's I've seen there at £600. Prices were raised a few years ago now, I guess in an attempt to stem the tide of their stock being moved to eBay by resellers.

Ok, thanks for confirming, LS7. It might be worth the trip anyway.

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just thought of another thing. Isn't 450 kind of a high price for seconds? Are EGs priced the same way in Northampton?

Kingstonian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Even when the chapels were £240 they did not have many shoes in stock apart from loafers and small sizes. If you have a specific shoe in mind ring before you make the trip.

Farhad19620

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thanks for the heads up, Farhad! I didn't know you had to phone in advance.
Ok, so they will still cost as much as 450 GBP? I thought I read somewhere on SF that JL subs cost around 150-250 GBP... But that might be old prices?

Hope you're enjoying those awesome almond grain leather EG Galways! 
icon_gu_b_slayer%5B1%5D.gif

I will PM you their number. Thank you I am enjoying the Galway boots very much but it is also my fourth pair. As LS7 said correctly JL raised their prices maybe to avoid re sellers , there was a time that there were more JL shoes sold on e-bay then their shop in London! I hope the same does not happen with EG! There are pages full of EG shoes on E-bay at the moment!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Staff online

Forum statistics