Recent non-Sartorialist Looks

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by aj_del, Feb 24, 2010.

1. NOBD

NOBD Senior member

So where did you get his stuff?

Didn't get it; saw it in Frans Boone's shop (my "suit man").

2. GusW

GusW Senior member Dubiously Honored

I like Roda accessories very much. They are different, maybe too different for there to be much more than a sprinkling of them at any typical US retailer. I have some ties, a wool pocket square and a few scarves. I believe they also do private label.

He makes (sells) great cashmere scarfs.

-> Roda

3. GusW

This "light washed" look in jeans is very much the trend in Italy. But that aside, I think the fit is good. I think it is silly to see a guy in his 40's-50's in the skinny, Ramones fit jeans, unless you are a Ramon or Keith Richards. They get a pass. [​IMG]

nice jacket but the terrible dad-jeans ruin it.

4. softy

softy Senior member

The dad jeans comment is completely off-base. Way too much groupthink as far as 'dark wash denim slim fit selvedge' kind of nonsense is concerned.

5. shoreman1782

shoreman1782 Senior member

6. jamaican

jamaican Senior member

I like Roda accessories very much. They are different, maybe too different for there to be much more than a sprinkling of them at any typical US retailer. I have some ties, a wool pocket square and a few scarves. I believe they also do private label.

Scarves look very nice... not seen any in person though. J

7. TRINI

TRINI Senior member

This "light washed" look in jeans is very much the trend in Italy. But that aside, I think the fit is good. I think it is silly to see a guy in his 40's-50's in the skinny, Ramones fit jeans, unless you are a Ramon or Keith Richards. They get a pass. [​IMG]
    The dad jeans comment is completely off-base. Way too much groupthink as far as 'dark wash denim slim fit selvedge' kind of nonsense is concerned.
    Agreed. Look at any of the jeans in the Cucinelli lookbooks...they're all light-washed for the most part and go well with the whole casual luxe look. Plus, do all these ppl who wear raw denim abandon their jeans once they've washed and faded them?

8. GusW

I'm wearing seven year old light washed looking Levis LVC 1955 501XX today that started off as dark and raw. It is what happens when you wear and wash your jeans.

The washed jean look is a nice contrast in color when wearing a navy or other dark jacket. I especially like the washed or worn look with a white or pink shirt or polo.

9. robinsongreen68

robinsongreen68 Senior member

Agreed. Look at any of the jeans in the Cucinelli lookbooks...they're all light-washed for the most part and go well with the whole casual luxe look. Plus, do all these ppl who wear raw denim abandon their jeans once they've washed and faded them?
    this conversation has been done to death.. but nobody is suggesting the ramones look, just some apcs or even uniqlo slim straights would improve that fit immeasurably for me- the fit could stay more or less the same. i'm just surprised by what you guys are saying because the dark sheen of raw denim certainly looks more elegant than washed out pale blues to me. the latter reminds me of what my gf's 60 year old dad wears to walk the dog. i agree with the above though, wearing dark blue jackets does call for some contrast.

10. sobecane

sobecane Well-Known Member

11. GusW

this conversation has been done to death..

Welcome to Styleforvm [​IMG] [​IMG]

12. Aaron01

Aaron01 Senior member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. embowafa

embowafa Senior member

[​IMG]

#2 is a bag o'fail.

14. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

I'm wearing seven year old light washed looking Levis LVC 1955 501XX today that started off as dark and raw. It is what happens when you wear and wash your jeans.

The washed jean look is a nice contrast in color when wearing a navy or other dark jacket. I especially like the washed or worn look with a white or pink shirt or polo.

SHHH!!!! Reevolving might hear you.