• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Recent non-Sartorialist Looks

cronicmole

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ljrcustom
The mayor's support didn't seem to make any difference in the caliber of the play from the Knicks.

-LR

he's busy trying to court Kemba Walker to the city

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by IndianBoyz
Sure it's not my business. But acting like a fool on dope partying with transvestites and demanding free clothing from prestigious tailoring houses?
I never liked the guy and he doesn't look cool or stylish and that's just my opinion.

Are you really surprised this guy is a coke head?

He was good looking , he is ultra rich , heir to a great industrialist dynasty , well connected and most likely bored of all the great things he can get his hands on..

He most likely didn't pay his Rubinacci clothes unlike most of us...

Why do you want him to worry about us?

As long as he doesn't give me marital or sartorial advice , I couldn't care less if he snorts coke out of Luca's backside.

IndianBoyz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I never really look at men's looks, I do recognize a great style, but I don't think he is or was goodlooking either. Just don't understand why he would be called a 'style icon'. This guy does not have the attitude to achieve to be called an icon and I find the comparisons to his grandfather by many rather strange. Give him a red nose and he would make a great clown.
175_200_Lapo_Elkann_met_hoed.jpg

Fantastic Mr Foxx

Reaction score
Originally Posted by IndianBoyz
(...) Just don't understand why he would be called a 'style icon'. This guy does not have the attitude to achieve to be called an icon and I find the comparisons to his grandfather by many rather strange. Give him a red nose and he would make a great clown.
175_200_Lapo_Elkann_met_hoed.jpg

I think you're right. Although he has everything one can wish for in life, I think he's not at peace with himself, both mentally & sartorially. I do recognize that he's a man walking his own sartorial path, but at least he should be able to follow a few footsteps of his nonno, Gianni Agnelli. Besides, comparing him to his grandfather is blasphemy.

ndw

Reaction score

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
More Churchwell from Will's blog:
ac+navy+blue+suit.jpg

(spoiler-coded, 'cos it's a pretty large image) I not quite as massive a fan of this one, compared to some of his earlier looks. I think it's the precise shade of blue in the suit. I'd prefer it either a couple of shades darker or brighter, just not quite this colour.

Montauk

Reaction score
It's also much more prosaic photography. Looks more like standard issue backyard WAYWT rather than the "out and about man on the town" aesthetic which made his earlier shots so much more compelling.

That shirt isn't helping, either. (Interestingly, I think this is where a lot of the AA styles Churchwell is modeling himself on fall short as well.)

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Montauk
It's also much more prosaic photography. Looks more like standard issue backyard WAYWT rather than the "out and about man on the town" aesthetic which made his earlier shots so much more compelling.
Yeah, I chuckled at the similarity to many of our WAYWT shots too.
smile.gif

ndw

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Montauk

That shirt isn't helping, either. (Interestingly, I think this is where a lot of the AA styles Churchwell is modeling himself on fall short as well.)

+1 - I think with a plain white shirt this would be just as great as his other looks.

Getzione

Reaction score

Cary Grant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Getzione
I like this guy. He looks so nonchalant about it all.
I disagree because whenever I see see him he seems to be fighting his clothes. I'm totally down with bohemian but he ends up looking bargain-basement to me... this particular combo, at least from one pic, looks ill-fitting and the shirt collar contrived.

elgreco

Reaction score
I have to admit the scarf tie is highly amusing and I never would have thought to do something like that with a spring scarf. Still, it's definitely something one can only pull off if their own their own haberdashery.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Holdfast
More Churchwell from Will's blog:

ac+navy+blue+suit.jpg

(spoiler-coded, 'cos it's a pretty large image)

I not quite as massive a fan of this one, compared to some of his earlier looks. I think it's the precise shade of blue in the suit. I'd prefer it either a couple of shades darker or brighter, just not quite this colour.

Originally Posted by Holdfast
Yeah, I chuckled at the similarity to many of our WAYWT shots too.
smile.gif

I think he is on Alan C's back porch.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads