Recent non-Sartorialist Looks

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by aj_del, Feb 24, 2010.

1. Prada_Ferragamo

Prada_Ferragamo Senior member

Waistcoat/vest.

I thought that's what it was, but doesn't it look a bit too long for a vest.

2. cronicmole

cronicmole Senior member

The mayor's support didn't seem to make any difference in the caliber of the play from the Knicks.

-LR

he's busy trying to court Kemba Walker to the city

3. lasbar

lasbar Senior member

Sure it's not my business. But acting like a fool on dope partying with transvestites and demanding free clothing from prestigious tailoring houses?
    I never liked the guy and he doesn't look cool or stylish and that's just my opinion.

Are you really surprised this guy is a coke head?

He was good looking , he is ultra rich , heir to a great industrialist dynasty , well connected and most likely bored of all the great things he can get his hands on..

He most likely didn't pay his Rubinacci clothes unlike most of us...

Why do you want him to worry about us?

As long as he doesn't give me marital or sartorial advice , I couldn't care less if he snorts coke out of Luca's backside.

4. IndianBoyz

IndianBoyz Senior member

I never really look at men's looks, I do recognize a great style, but I don't think he is or was goodlooking either. Just don't understand why he would be called a 'style icon'. This guy does not have the attitude to achieve to be called an icon and I find the comparisons to his grandfather by many rather strange. Give him a red nose and he would make a great clown. [​IMG]

5. Fantastic Mr Foxx

Fantastic Mr Foxx Senior member

(...) Just don't understand why he would be called a 'style icon'. This guy does not have the attitude to achieve to be called an icon and I find the comparisons to his grandfather by many rather strange. Give him a red nose and he would make a great clown. [​IMG]
    I think you're right. Although he has everything one can wish for in life, I think he's not at peace with himself, both mentally & sartorially. I do recognize that he's a man walking his own sartorial path, but at least he should be able to follow a few footsteps of his nonno, Gianni Agnelli. Besides, comparing him to his grandfather is blasphemy.

6. ndw

ndw Senior member

7. Holdfast

Holdfast Senior member

More Churchwell from Will's blog:
    [​IMG]
    (spoiler-coded, 'cos it's a pretty large image) I not quite as massive a fan of this one, compared to some of his earlier looks. I think it's the precise shade of blue in the suit. I'd prefer it either a couple of shades darker or brighter, just not quite this colour.

8. Montauk

Montauk Senior member

It's also much more prosaic photography. Looks more like standard issue backyard WAYWT rather than the "out and about man on the town" aesthetic which made his earlier shots so much more compelling.

That shirt isn't helping, either. (Interestingly, I think this is where a lot of the AA styles Churchwell is modeling himself on fall short as well.)

9. Holdfast

Holdfast Senior member

It's also much more prosaic photography. Looks more like standard issue backyard WAYWT rather than the "out and about man on the town" aesthetic which made his earlier shots so much more compelling.
    Yeah, I chuckled at the similarity to many of our WAYWT shots too. [​IMG]

10. ndw

ndw Senior member

That shirt isn't helping, either. (Interestingly, I think this is where a lot of the AA styles Churchwell is modeling himself on fall short as well.)

+1 - I think with a plain white shirt this would be just as great as his other looks.

11. Cary Grant

Cary Grant Senior member

12. Getzione

Getzione Senior member

[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

I like this guy. He looks so nonchalant about it all.

13. Cary Grant

Cary Grant Senior member

I like this guy. He looks so nonchalant about it all.
    I disagree because whenever I see see him he seems to be fighting his clothes. I'm totally down with bohemian but he ends up looking bargain-basement to me... this particular combo, at least from one pic, looks ill-fitting and the shirt collar contrived.

14. elgreco

elgreco Senior member

I have to admit the scarf tie is highly amusing and I never would have thought to do something like that with a spring scarf. Still, it's definitely something one can only pull off if their own their own haberdashery.

15. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

More Churchwell from Will's blog:

[​IMG]

(spoiler-coded, 'cos it's a pretty large image)

I not quite as massive a fan of this one, compared to some of his earlier looks. I think it's the precise shade of blue in the suit. I'd prefer it either a couple of shades darker or brighter, just not quite this colour.

Yeah, I chuckled at the similarity to many of our WAYWT shots too. [​IMG]

I think he is on Alan C's back porch.