Recent non-Sartorialist Looks

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by aj_del, Feb 24, 2010.

1. aeglus

aeglus Senior member Dubiously Honored

Yeah, but if Hyori indicated she had an interest, you'd best hop your ass on a plane post-haste.
    I only drink soju endorsed by her.
    I don't get the upturned cuff on bluejeans look. I don't care to look at seams and guts of your pants. If there's a selvedge, I still don't really care.
    If you don't like it, can't do much to convince you. It's a preference and adds some weight to the bottom. Sometimes it looks good. Sometimes it doesn't. Feel free to hate on people doing it just to show off selvage though. That's dumb.
    lol what.. your jacket ends at your wrist hanging on the side..thats a problem
    Some people have long arms and short bodies. Would need a better pic to see if the proportions are right or not. That said, I hate tie+sc+jeans, and hate DB with jeans more. At least he isn't wearing it with the DB open like tons of Korean guys do.

2. Digmenow

Digmenow Senior member

[​IMG]
    Cool as hell.

I bet with the right product, I can get my hair to look like that.

As for the smoke...I couldn't pull that off in a hunnert years.

3. apropos

apropos Senior member

lol what.. your jacket ends at your wrist hanging on the side..thats a problem
    Classic example of missing the forest for the trees, and how a little knowledge is sometimes worse than no knowledge at all.

4. geoffmartin17

geoffmartin17 Senior member

Classic example of missing the forest for the trees, and how a little knowledge is sometimes worse than no knowledge at all.

I agree, his jacket looks completely proportionate. Perhaps he has long arms in comparison to his torso; regardless, one should develop an "eye' for what is proportionate rather than attempting to apply abstract rules (which, for the large part, are helpful, but only to help one understand the proportions) ineffectively.

5. EzraPaul

EzraPaul Senior member

I agree, his jacket looks completely proportionate. Perhaps he has long arms in comparison to his torso; regardless, one should develop an "eye' for what is proportionate rather than attempting to apply abstract rules (which, for the large part, are helpful, but only to help one understand the proportions) ineffectively.

Yes I whole-heartedly agree. I've been selling custom suits for over a decade. I saw the "grab jacket" fad come and go and the "nape to bottom same as bottom to top of heal." Any tailor or measurer worth his weight will do it by eye. High-waisted men always have long arms, but need shorter jackets. I'll upload more photos soon of the same shoot to compare.

6. geoffmartin17

geoffmartin17 Senior member

Exactly - the rules are there as a guide to proportionality, but not hard and fast; not everyone is 50% torso and 50% leg.

7. EzraPaul

EzraPaul Senior member

8. srivats

srivats Senior member

From the Armoury's tumblr [​IMG]
    This is a very nice look.

9. pvrhye

pvrhye Senior member

This is a very nice look.

Yeah, those armory guys always look good without looking like they were dressed for the photo.

10. elgreco

elgreco Senior member

Yeah, those armory guys always look good without looking like they were dressed for the photo.

Actually, that's Takahiro from Liverano in the above photo.

11. TRINI

TRINI Senior member

[​IMG]

12. Saturdays

Saturdays Senior member

^ that look is nice, but I feel not everyone can pull it off. I think a plain white shirt would look a bit nicer though.

13. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

[​IMG]

I had that Ferragamo jacket on last week. Thought it would be straight pimp with white linen trou and a pink shirt. May kop it on sale. Its awesome.

14. cronicmole

cronicmole Senior member

Can I be your apprentice?

15. Srynerson

Srynerson Senior member

Photoshoot I did last month (shameless self-plug)...

[​IMG]

Great fit on the jacket (if just a tad short in my purely subjective view), but I don't think such a conservative jacket works with the jeans. [​IMG]