1. I'd like to announce that animated avatars are now available again. You'll have to reload, but they are once more possible.

We've been doing a ton of work behind the scenes. The site load speed was already under 1/2 of what Huddler's was, on average, and we installed cloudflare, which means that the site should be even faster. A ton more will go on in the weeks and months to come, and some things will be more visibile, and some less.

Cheers,

Fok.

Dismiss Notice

Recent non-Sartorialist Looks

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by aj_del, Feb 24, 2010.

1. gdl203

gdl203 Affiliate Vendor Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

For gdl
    [​IMG]

ooh that tux stripe is a little too much for me...

Thanks - I'm wearing similar boots today (another snow day here).

2. potemkin_city_limits

potemkin_city_limits Senior member

[​IMG]

Putting part of what I said in bold to make it look like I contradicted myself is kinda stupid. I explain why I think its ridiculous, in fact, you made that explanation bold. His outfit looked great other than the fact that he was obviously trying too hard and left all his buttons undone.

3. gdl203

Putting part of what I said in bold to make it look like I contradicted myself is kinda stupid. I explain why I think its ridiculous, in fact, you made that explanation bold. His outfit looked great other than the fact that he was obviously trying too hard and left all his buttons undone.

I understand what you said. I thought your choice of words was odd (ridiculous, trying too damn hard) given that you thought that the only issue you had was the unbuttoned cuffs. That's all.

What's with all the insults flying in this thread btw (grandpa up there jumped me for no reason, you calling me stupid out of the blue)? WTF is wrong with you guys?

4. hboogz

hboogz Senior member

For gdl [​IMG]
    I kind of like the navy tux stripe. I think it (specifically the color of the stripe) plays well with the dark jacket and light blue oxford? shown. Needless to say, I love the boots.

5. Montauk

Montauk Senior member

I kind of like the navy tux stripe. I think it (specifically the color of the stripe) plays well with the dark jacket and light blue oxford? shown. Needless to say, I love the boots.
    There's a video floating around out there in which Gay Talese talks about his wardrobe and shows off a suit he had made with a stripe down the leg. Bizarre affectation, but you gotta love him.

6. niidawg3

niidawg3 Senior member

What's with all the insults flying in this thread btw (grandpa up there jumped me for no reason, you calling me stupid out of the blue)? WTF is wrong with you guys?

oh come on gdl ... a little hate/push-back coming your way and you are whining? i always thought you were tougher than that. you dish out a fair amount of hate yourself on others.

the interwebz is give and take man ...

7. gdl203

oh come on gdl ... a little hate/push-back coming your way and you are whining? i always thought you were tougher than that. you dish out a fair amount of hate yourself on others.

the interwebz is give and take man ...

OK so you too?

Good to get a good check from time to time... thx

8. hboogz

hboogz Senior member

There's a video floating around out there in which Gay Talese talks about his wardrobe and shows off a suit he had made with a stripe down the leg. Bizarre affectation, but you gotta love him.

I'll keep an eye out for it. Thanks!

9. Montauk

Montauk Senior member

10. lefty

lefty Senior member

Igents be damned.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

lefty

11. ndw

ndw Senior member

Igents be damned.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

lefty

Thx for the video - it was fascinating. I cant believe those suits from teh 60's and 70's are in such pristine condition. It's a testament to quality garments. Interestingly enough, my neighborhood still holds a passagiata during the summer months, but no one dresses up.... Might have to revive the tradition.

12. niidawg3

niidawg3 Senior member

OK so you too?

Good to get a good check from time to time... thx

oh please man. dont even know what that means/supposed to mean. but if you are saying this is a check on who hates/doesnt hate on you, then pls remove me from that camp.

i really respect your opinion/knowledge, but the fact is you were playing the victim card, when you got a little heat; something you do also ... roll with it and stop laying on the [​IMG]

13. gdl203

Are you going to write an essay about this? I'm so interested in all your comments about me. It reminds me of the last time I was calling you a whiner, a hater, and all sorts of good things... which was.. oh yes, never. Again, good to know.

14. Cary Grant

Cary Grant Senior member

Now that another chapter of "How SF Turns" is over... [​IMG]

Here's some new crap from Giuliano Fujiwara...

[​IMG]

15. gdl203

Is that a double lapel coat or is there a jacket and a coat?