1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Recent non-Sartorialist Looks

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by aj_del, Feb 24, 2010.

1. Holdfast

Holdfast Senior member

James, going donnish, for a visit to a Library: [​IMG] Pretty good, really, despite it being a bit precious to dress up in a cord suit just because he's visiting a library.

2. AE7

AE7 Senior member

James, going donnish, for a visit to a Library:

[​IMG]

Pretty good, really, despite it being a bit precious to dress up in a cord suit just because he's visiting a library.

His posture would look way more natural had he had a more explicit cameltoe.

3. jamaican

jamaican Senior member

She is not stunning but compared to him ,she is gorgeous...

Nobody is putting her on a pedestal...

If I was seeing them walking down the street ,I would still think she could have done better...

L... what are you saying man? Inequality of looks abounds in couples... have you seen Bernie Ecclestone? Then consider his wife. On looks alone he is punching far beyond his weight. But women are into more than looks... money power, success, looks are in the mix, but just that - in the mix. Let Scotty do his thing. His lady likes him, great... besides I agree with Trini she aint all that wow. J

4. lasbar

lasbar Senior member

L... what are you saying man? Inequality of looks abounds in couples... have you seen Bernie Ecclestone? Then consider his wife. On looks alone he is punching far beyond his weight. But women are into more than looks... money power, success, looks are in the mix, but just that - in the mix. Let Scotty do his thing. His lady likes him, great... besides I agree with Trini she aint all that wow. J

Bernie Ecclestone is a billionaire...

That's the main difference.

5. niidawg3

niidawg3 Senior member

Bernie Ecclestone is a billionaire... That's the main difference.
    This. And i actually think both Scott and his chick are on par.

6. apropos

apropos Senior member

I don't get the hate for this Sartorialist guy. Yes, he's short, but he is a good looking guy and doesn't look short if taken out of context. He's out there taking photos of beautiful women and overall has the balls to choose a life that 99% of us wish we could live . . . so I guess I do get the hate. I sure as hell, however, would like to spend a day walking around with him.
    He is an interesting person with a very keen aesthetic sense. I think a lot of the ribbing here is good-natured, or at least I try to keep mine good-natured.

7. Guero

Guero Senior member

Any irony in a thread regarding non-Sartorialist Looks becoming about the Sartorialist's look? Just sayin'.

8. Tyrone MacStiophain

Tyrone MacStiophain Senior member

9. Blofeld1

Blofeld1 Member

10. aj_del

aj_del Senior member

11. geoffmartin17

geoffmartin17 Senior member

12. lasbar

lasbar Senior member

^^
    [​IMG]

We need more arts on SF...

13. hugh51271

hugh51271 Well-Known Member

James, going donnish, for a visit to a Library:

[​IMG]

Pretty good, really, despite it being a bit precious to dress up in a cord suit just because he's visiting a library.

Are his shoes like that as a result of someone pissing on his shoes in the bathroom?

He looks OK here, but I can't take this guy seriously. Him in a library? I 'd think his attention span would result in him checking out a mirror every five minutes, so reading a book.....

14. tricky

tricky Senior member

[​IMG]

The most hated guy in EDM. Heard he was booed off stage at Miami Winter Music Conference last month [​IMG]

15. lasbar

lasbar Senior member

Are his shoes like that as a result of someone pissing on his shoes in the bathroom?

He looks OK here, but I can't take this guy seriously. Him in a library? I 'd think his attention span would result in him checking out a mirror every five minutes, so reading a book.....

He always looks smart...

I will never share a hotel bedroom bed with him even it is the last one in town but the guy is elegant...

He is sometimes more elegant than most of Sfers.

16. pvrhye

pvrhye Senior member

[​IMG]

I've seen girls here in seoul wearing a similar jacket. They look a helluva lot better in it.

Jackets are the only time that having no skirt makes you look like a girl.

17. jamaican

jamaican Senior member

Bernie Ecclestone is a billionaire...

That's the main difference.

Bernie has money and power, Scotty has his success... same thing.

Back to the matter at hand and Will I Am's presence in that "outfit"... given the terrible things I've seen these performers wear, I don't think he looks too bad... its not appropriate for anyone who is not a performer to clothe themselves (or cause/allow themselves to be clothed) in any such thing though. In real life it is a hideus get up. For him, whatever! J

Actually, I just spotted that he has some wing-like appendages on his shoes... that is not right at all. It's just all wrong. J

18. Senori

Senori Member

Actually, I just spotted that he has some wing-like appendages on his shoes... that is not right at all. It's just all wrong.
    I think they're supposed to be flames.

19. jamaican

jamaican Senior member

I think they're supposed to be flames.

Flames you say. Oh, that's ok then!

.... they'd look cute on my two year-old son, but on a grown man? J

20. Senori

Senori Member

Flames you say. Oh, that's ok then!

.... they'd look cute on my two year-old son, but on a grown man? J

It's just because he's so hot.