1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Recent non-Sartorialist Looks

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by aj_del, Feb 24, 2010.

1. aj_del

aj_del Well-Known Member

, if you actually visit North Korea, as I have,

Didnt know Australia had diplomatic relations with N Korea ...

2. banis

banis Well-Known Member

You can just visit N. Korea being a tourist. Although, it takes lots of time to get visa approval.

3. aj_del

aj_del Well-Known Member

You can just visit N. Korea being a tourist. Although, it takes lots of time to get visa approval.

But how do you apply for a visa. I dont think they have their embassies in a lot of countries. And which airlines fly into Pyongyang

4. Roikins

Roikins Well-Known Member

But how do you apply for a visa. I dont think they have their embassies in a lot of countries. And which airlines fly into Pyongyang
    Bribery, of course. You should watch the Vice Guide trip there (1, 2, 3).

5. chrisb0109

chrisb0109 Well-Known Member

This caught my eye - do you guys think it´s ok to wear a few sizes too small jacket as long as you have red pants? If it is, I´m getting a pair immediately!

his jacket is not a few sizes too small if that is what you are getting at.

6. idfnl

idfnl Well-Known Member

7. aj_del

aj_del Well-Known Member

his jacket is not a few sizes too small if that is what you are getting at.

Meaning jackets are supposed to fit this way ?

8. chrisb0109

chrisb0109 Well-Known Member

Meaning jackets are supposed to fit this way ?

his jacket fits him in the shoulders and does not pull in the chest. Length varies dramatically from jacket to jacket nowadays.

The jacket is the correct size for him, regardless of personal feeling about the styling. I think it looks nice, if a little short for his height.

9. donCarlos

donCarlos Well-Known Member

his jacket fits him in the shoulders and does not pull in the chest. Length varies dramatically from jacket to jacket nowadays.

The jacket is the correct size for him, regardless of personal feeling about the styling. I think it looks nice, if a little short for his height.

The jacket looks too stuffed for my taste and seems to end halfway down his butt (after removing hands from pockets). On the other hand, why not? This seems to be one of the most important issues I´ve learned here so far - that the jacket length is probably not really a concern nowadays.

10. banis

banis Well-Known Member

I don't know.
    They have embassy in Russia. So, there is a chance to visit N. Korea and then have a trip back to the future. Some friends of mine visited it and had very strong emotions of it.
    As for the flights, there are flights from China to N. Korea. It is the only way to get to N. Korea, afaik.

11. lasbar

lasbar Well-Known Member

I don't know.
    They have embassy in Russia. So, there is a chance to visit N. Korea and then have a trip back to the future. Some friends of mine visited it and had very strong emotions of it.
    As for the flights, there are flights from China to N. Korea. It is the only way to get to N. Korea, afaik.

Who wants to go there in the first place?

It is an intriguing place... The clocks have stopped more than fifty years ago over there...

12. ZON_JR

ZON_JR Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Isn't this the Recent non-Sartorialist Looks thread?

13. AndrewRogers

AndrewRogers Well-Known Member

They only recently shut their embassy here in Canberra. I was there with an NGO, but tourists are admitted, although it remains the least visited country.

Anyway, to steer this thread back on to the titular topic: some of these pictures look very Sartorialist. Is this derivative photography?

14. acidboy

acidboy Well-Known Member

Also, the factory is completely empty, the workers are merely for show, and everyone is starving to death. [​IMG]

actually, it takes a while to heat that steel slab and they're definitely going to turn that into billets or some other downstream form. so these workers deserve a day or two's grass to digest on. [​IMG]

15. aj_del

aj_del Well-Known Member

16. banis

banis Well-Known Member

Who wants to go there in the first place?

It is an intriguing place... The clocks have stopped more than fifty years ago over there...

Probably someone who has already seen a lot. And wants to see something different.
    Here in Russia, the ones who travel there want to see what could have happen to them in the worst scenario.

You can see one of the review's of N. Korea from a Russian tourist here.

17. why18

why18 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Looking at this quickly I thought he has an arm sling on.

18. lasbar

lasbar Well-Known Member

Probably someone who has already seen a lot. And wants to see something different.
    Here in Russia, the ones who travel there want to see what could have happen to them in the worst scenario.

You can see one of the review's of N. Korea from a Russian tourist here.

It has to be the only place in the world where you will not bump into a McDonald's restaurant at every street corner...

19. NOBD

NOBD Well-Known Member

It has to be the only place in the world where you will not bump into a McDonald's restaurant at every street corner...

I'm booking now.

20. aj_del

aj_del Well-Known Member

I think LabelKing started a thread about heels a couple of days back ... [​IMG]