• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Recent non-Sartorialist Looks

aeglus

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by barims
Esquire UK's Sartorial Wargame 2010 has posted its 12 finalists

ManofKent was snubbed, although one of my other friends was included. However, the prize is more than likely to be awarded to someone more "fashion forward"

Despite no MoK still unsurprised that the UK version beats the **** out of the US version's top 25. Anyways here's to still hoping that our 3 (or was it 4) guys in the US make it. Me too even though I'm not happy with the pics I submitted compared to my style now.

potemkin_city_limits

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aj_del
108Johnny.Harrison_WT10NEW.jpg

Johnny Harrison refuses to wear anything that isn't skin tight, and that includes his suits. In fact, Johnny even told us that he was willing to risk his fertility in the name of figure-hugging style. Though we'd never advocate Johnny's unorthodox approach, we admire his tenacity. The manager of a bespoke tailoring company in London, Johnny would buy Burberry if he could afford it, but in the meantime he's happy to stick with Zara

Why doesn't he wear something from the bespoke tailoring co he manages ?

I love this concept. Basically they are saying that this guy wears clothes that dont fit, but hes consistent, so its ok.

Im gonna start wearing shorts and a sport jacket all the time until people consider me well dressed after all.

His jacket is so tight in the waist its ridiculous. I dont get when people wear **** like that.

MBreinin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by potemkin_city_limits
I love this concept. Basically they are saying that this guy wears clothes that dont fit, but hes consistent, so its ok.

Im gonna start wearing shorts and a sport jacket all the time until people consider me well dressed after all.

His jacket is so tight in the waist its ridiculous. I dont get when people wear **** like that.

I agree, he looks terrible. All of it.

Mike

Imperator

Reaction score
Originally Posted by aeglus
Despite no MoK still unsurprised that the UK version beats the **** out of the US version's top 25. Anyways here's to still hoping that our 3 (or was it 4) guys in the US make it. Me too even though I'm not happy with the pics I submitted compared to my style now.
Seriously? Only 2-3 of those (UK) guys look good.

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aeglus
And that beats the US team.

Nothing is better than the US team...Except the clothes worn by your football team at the world cup.

aj_del

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
We asked some dapper gents we know to send us an image of themselves epitomizing the "summer dandy". This is what we received.
DSC_0944as%5B1%5D.jpg
4639576796_c5021c0dee_z.jpg
100_2317.JPG

potemkin_city_limits

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aj_del
We asked some dapper gents we know to send us an image of themselves epitomizing the "summer dandy". This is what we received.

DSC_0944as%5B1%5D.jpg

100_2317.JPG

I really enjoy these two looks. Especially the first one with the green shirt.

captoe

Reaction score
the 2nd guy almost looks like he just stepped out of the beach.

chestercopperpot

Reaction score
I don't think I've ever seen Thom Browne sit with such bad posture before. If I had 4 mil a year liquid I'd have a driver.

HHD

Reaction score
Originally Posted by potemkin_city_limits
I really enjoy these two looks. Especially the first one with the green shirt.

Yeah I like those two as well.

PocketCircle

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Sterling Gillette
Believe me, you don't want any details on that shirt as the fake button-down collar is butt ugly, too large and has no roll at all.

Originally Posted by Sterling Gillette
1. shut down computer
2. go have a cup of tea
3. come back, start computer
4. read the last two pages again

Too much (groundless) attitude for a young guy.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads