• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Recent non-Sartorialist Looks

apropos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by zeroconspiracy
+1
I like the clothes and would give it a B-. It is passing, but lacking that extra sense of style to make it an A. Plus, that tie doesn't go with his spread collar.

Personally, I would keep the spread collar, but throw in a wide full-bodied silk tie and tie a nice, thick Windsor. The wide tie would complement the wide lapels and the thick knot would fit better with the overall chunky look of the jacket/PS. the thick knot would also add some depth/dimension to his outfit; this jacket should not look that flat. It doesnt help that he has no chest, so he needs to work with that and add to it.

...maybe if he lost the Wayfarers and unfolded his arms, looks way too stiff

Please stop posting. You know barely enough about MC, let alone enough to give ratings.

robinsongreen68

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aj_del
honejpg-1024x926.jpg

what a beautiful couple.. who are they?

potemkin_city_limits

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This guy is savage. The main reason being i could have never imagined those pants ever looking good if i saw them on the rack (though i highly doubt those came from a rack). But he some how pulls it off - and you know he could give a fcuk if you liked them or not.

Good for him.

What rules is they are actually part of a suit. Imagine how crazy the whole thing must look at one time.

gqmilan3.jpg

144903.jpg

mack11211

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ZON_JR
Soliman and Rachel
I'm sorry but if this is the photo that presents the designers of a MC line, it's bad. The clothing choices are fine but the coat covers his arms like a casing covers a sausage. This, plus his serious expression and lean forward into the camera makes him look like he's repping a fashionable line of bouncers. It's all about fit, kids.

KObalto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by potemkin_city_limits
What rules is they are actually part of a suit. Imagine how crazy the whole thing must look at one time.

gqmilan3.jpg

144903.jpg

Wasn't this suit a BB BF offering a few years back that eventually went on deep discount?

comrade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A little too contrived for my taste

Contrived? This Section should be re-titled:

" Recent Contrived Looks"

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by KObalto
Wasn't this suit a BB BF offering a few years back that eventually went on deep discount?
Yes. The first s/s season of BF, IIRC. They ended up selling them for real cheap.

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Are you surprised?

This suit is the biggest car crash on SF...

Korki Bucheck

Reaction score

These multi-colored suits are all over in the South. Esp. during the summer. They're usually seersucker, though.

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by potemkin_city_limits

Not much of a fan of this. And this comes from someone who ones a similar harlequin-type shirt...

Cravate_Noire

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not very recent, but I had that on my notebook and just saw that photo in the Sartorialist thread...
Please note that I just put on one of the blazers they had with them for fun (actually not bad for being too big and off the rack), fit wise and also stylistically I would call for changes if it was mine.

s16flf.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads