• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Recent interesting purchases (shoes and coats) pics!

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Just wanted to post some recent purchases due to my being ecstatic at them and wanting to share with others who would appreciate. I've purchased a few shoes over the last two weeks. My most recent delivery was of the C&J for Polo Alton's and a sweet pair of Borgioli's. While the Alton's are very popular here, I must say that I am underwhelmed with them. The suede Polo chukka's have a commanding presence that I was expecting with this shoe but I find that the Alton almost disappears within your outfit. The Borgioli's, on the other hand, give you a POW! right in the kisser. Great leather, construction and nice soles. They are so nice, I have not been able to bring myself to wearing them. Unfortunately, they are going to require some serious breaking in to fit my 10.5 foot in them (they (EU42) are more of a 9.5-10) and I am about 95% sure that I will be selling them (hint, hint). The shoes are beautiful though.
KIF_2349.jpg

KIF_2351.jpg

KIF_2352.jpg

KIF_2350.jpg

Posted these already but I do love these shell cordovan Cole Haans
KIF_2335.jpg

Got a couple of sportscoats also through Lance at virtualclotheshorse and the Saks sale.

Nice navy Borgioli. 3 button roll to 2.5, side vents, nice lining
KIF_2358.jpg

Gorgeous Borrelli 3 roll to 2, quarter lined, side vents and all the hallmarks Borrelli is known for
KIF_2356.jpg

Linen David Chu (I'm on a David Chu kick), awesome fitting 3 to 2, tab on the collar, side vents, nice lining (sleeves are basted, need to get buttons). The linen is very smooth and lightweight. Great workmanship on the jacket
KIF_2357.jpg

Last but not least, at the Hickey outlet online, I got this great quilted jacket for $88.
KIF_2355.jpg

I also got a pair of suede Certo's from Seok and a pair of Grenson monks that are still incoming. This forum has become very expensive for me
blush.gif

Stax

Reaction score

Roger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Holy permanent disfigurement, Batman! If those Borgiolis are true 42s and you're a true 10.5, you don't have a hope of ever getting into them. Euro 42 is about a US 9. They're sure nice-looking shoes though.

whnay.

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Love the Borrelli and Borgioli coats.

Edward Appleby

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel

Gorgeous Borrelli 3 roll to 2, quarter lined, side vents and all the hallmarks Borrelli is known for
KIF_2356.jpg

Beautiful.

Dragon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
very nice stuff...especially the shoes

Thanks for sharing the pics!

Toiletduck

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
wow i love the shoes.

can u ship to hong kong :p

pkincy

Reaction score
Thanks whnay (no love for Mr. Chu?).

Roger, the borgioli's are marked a 42, but they measure 12 1/8 x 4 1/4 so they are a big 42, much closer to a size 10 then a 9. I'm fine with the length but I need about 1/8 of an inch in the width. Still on the fence.

Sole size plays so little part in size that I pretty much ignore it. In order to think about buying some Ebay shoes I measured my good fitting shoes and they varied from my C&Js at 12 and 1/8th length down thru my JLs at 11 and 7/8ths to my 888 last EGs at near 11.6 inch length.

And all fit me perfectly. The last and sole and welt construction make that measurement vary so widely that it seems meaningless to me.

Have you been able to make it work........I guess not or you wouldn't be selling these shoes.
smile.gif

You should have bought those Kitons. I suspect they would have fit you perfectly.

PS; that is why I was measuring my shoes and realized that the Kitons probably were made as elegantly as my EGs and the measured 12 and 1/8 there was probably a 10.5 size or so.

BTW, my Altons are about the most comfortable C&J/Polo shoe I own.

Perry

Earthmover

Reaction score
KIF_2356.jpg
inlove.gif

I think I have the exactly same jacket, which I got from Lance -- if that has no shoulder padding, I do believe it's exactly the same, except that mine is a 54.

The jacket is so awesome that I can't wait for it to get cold here in NY so I can start wearing it. The first day the high goes below 60...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads