• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Recent Dior Homme 2HH fringe shirt on eBay: Questions & concerns

afiora

Reaction score
Hello,

My friend just sent me an ecstatic e-mail that she won an eBay auction that ended yesterday for 'the' fringe shirt (as she put it) from the Reflexion collection 2002.

I'm not as big an expert on Slimane's earlier works as much as I am a fan although I do have high quality images of this shirt for nostalgic viewing when I need a pictorial high.
nod[1].gif

I pulled up the ended auction an hour ago and have a couple of concerns:

- There's a blurry close-up of the Dior tag. I would have requested a clear one. From the good photos I have the lettering on this shirt is embossed and not stitched.

- Also, the size tag is sewn next to the care tag where it should be although it is silver with a black 40. Again, all the photos I have and a fringe polo from 2HH in my own collection have those colors for the size tag inverted black with silver numbers/letters.

When it arrives on Wednesday I'm going to have her send a photo of the reference number so I can verify that.

Until then, Does anyone have any expertise on the early tag details for this piece? I'd imagine it's probably time consuming to fake all those pleats. All in, I just want her to be ready to handle any possibility it's not 100% authentic.

Thanks for bearing with my long winded fingers and any help or replies.

afiora

Last edited:

afiora

Reaction score
I had a chance to see this shirt first hand. The fabric, buttons, stitch length and all labels are authentic however the collar band is not as 'squared off' near the button and buttonhole as they are in the photos I have. Although the pitcures are high quality they are not angled enough to tell for sure.

The Dior tag on the collar is stitched. I have seen 2HH shirts that have either or. Embossed/stitched. The care tag is the biggest oddity with the reference # being off by one number. The photos I have show 2HH1054708 and states 'dry clean only.' The shirt my friend bought has a reference number of 2HH1054608 and recommends 'hand wash only.'

I cannot imagine Dior using two different reference numbers (even off by just one number) for such a unique piece. I'm not sure if Dior would help with authenticating this shirt. Some houses really care whether a garment is genuine and others don't really bother with past collections (YSL) for example.

After a thorough exam I believe this shirt is authentic Dior and at worst has had real tags from another 2HH shirt sewn in for whatever reason. Why, I wouldn't know...

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads