1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 10: A full set of Aesop's Fables pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 10th auction of the year is for a full set of Aesop's Fable's pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Recent acquisition (Bonora wholecut)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by naturlaut, Nov 28, 2004.

1. naturlaut

naturlaut Senior Member

Maker: Bonora Style: True wholecut Construction: Goodyear Price: About 420 Euro [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Comments: the leather is superb. Â I like the last very much, and I have a thing for wholecuts. Â The shoes are not very heavy, and I can't praise the leather enough. Â It is very substantial and sturdy (not buttery-soft like those found in Mantellassi), but it softens up after subsequent wear. Â The finish is very attractive, and the natural shine of the leather is quite a pretty sight. Fit: I had a bit of hesitation deciding on the size as this 9 was tight when I tried them on at the store. Â Quietly cursing thinking how much time it'll take to break these in, I bought them anyway. Â Miraculously, after about 2 wearings (~4 hours) they have started to mould to my feet. Â Arch support is good, fit of the heal is good. Â Toe box is generous but not too squarish. Â The instep is cut close to my feet. Â However, they have not yet broken in, and my feet get tired when I wear them for a long time. Â They feel more like English shoes than Italian shoes. Â About the shop: the shop in Roma does not take measurements for custom order, but the one in Firenze does. Â They also do not provide shoe trees. Â [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Rating: **** (out of 5) Value: **** (out of 5)

2. A Harris

A Harris Distinguished Member Dubiously Honored

Very nice, is that waist pegged, or am I seeing things?

3. shuman

shuman Well-Known Member

Very nice shoes. So, how much is 420 Euro? [​IMG]

4. zjpj83

zjpj83 Distinguished Member

~ $560 US

5. FIHTies

FIHTies Distinguished Member

(shuman @ 28 Nov. 2004, 04:16) Very nice shoes. So, how much is 420 Euro? Â [​IMG]
    ~ $560 US
    And at the Euro's low, about 3 years ago it would have been $340... Kinda nauseating. [​IMG] JJF

6. RIDER

RIDER Distinguished Member

Yeah, can't wait to pay invoices in the Spring - doesn't look like we will recover either. Saw one report where they said don't be surprised if the dollar falls another 25% during the next year.

7. TimelessRider

TimelessRider Senior Member

Those light brown suede lace up boots are simply stunning. Thanks for the pics and the report.