• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Reccomendations for Jeans around $100

RingTail

Reaction score
I've been a lurker for short amount of time and would like to get suggestions for good jeans I can find for around $100.

I've worn 7's that I got from Nordstorm Rack and Diesel's from the outlet store which I liked but having lost some weight they are too loose and I need some new jeans.

I like having two pairs, one in darrk blue and one in a lighter blue. Being in my early 30's with a kid, I'm a little on the conservative side and don't like overly ripped or faded items.

The idea of raw jeans seems interesting, but I'm just not too keen on not washing them for over year knowing that i will end up spilling something on them!

cameronXVX

Reaction score
I'm on the same search right now myself, best options I've found are

http://www.uniqlo.com/us/CPaGoods/itemcode=069572
and
http://www.theunbrandedbrand.com/denim/ub201/

but both require some traveling to get them, would love to know if anyone knows of an online retailer that sells unbranded or some ebay store or something for the uniqlo selvedge stuff.

I've lost a ton of weight recently so I'm in the midst of re-doing my wardrobe, probably will pick up a pair of the unbranded in LA when I'm out there in the summer, but I need something to hold me over!

Sorry I'm not of much help but I sympathize with your plight and am looking for the same thing!

nowiremember

Reaction score
have you tried the Store Locator on the Unbranded site? it leads me to believe that since they are sold at Urbanoutfitters that there is a good chance they can be found on urbanoutfitters.com

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Naked & Famous at Barneys sale

cameronXVX

Reaction score
have you tried the Store Locator on the Unbranded site? it leads me to believe that since they are sold at Urbanoutfitters that there is a good chance they can be found on urbanoutfitters.com

I have, sadly most of the ones near me don't sell it. Found one in LA that I can get to fairly easily, but i'll have to wait a few months. It's a fairly small operation (unbranded) so most of the stores don't actually carry it. Closest thing to me in PA is all the way across the state.

RingTail

Reaction score
At Barney's in the non raw category the sales guy suggested Citizens of Humanity SID $158 & Levi's Made & Crafted Ruler $69

I'm looking for a straight leg fit in 32x30, so inevitably I have to get them altered for length.

I don't think they had Naked & Famous in the non raw category.

rioni

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do not buy either for those. Use the search feature to find out what to buy. I'd personally be looking at RRL on the B&S and/or ebay for around 100.

At Barney's in the non raw category the sales guy suggested Citizens of Humanity SID $158 & Levi's Made & Crafted Ruler $69

I'm looking for a straight leg fit in 32x30, so inevitably I have to get them altered for length.

I don't think they had Naked & Famous in the non raw category.

Fortysomething

Reaction score

Do not buy either for those. Use the search feature to find out what to buy. I'd personally be looking at RRL on the B&S and/or ebay for around 100.

Depends. If it the person's first foray into that price range, don't know that I'd go the ebay or similar route--that is unless $100 doesn't mean much...

lesamourai

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You can wash jeans as many times as you care to. They won't fall apart.

RingTail

Reaction score
Depends. If it the person's first foray into that price range, don't know that I'd go the ebay or similar route--that is unless $100 doesn't mean much...

I don't wan't to just throw away $100, I certainly want to try them on before buying so Barney's seemed to be a good place with a variety. My hope is to get better fit and fabric than say a standard Levi's 501. In the past 7's and Diesels did cost me around $100 and were nicer, considering that I'm doing this all over again in a smaller size I wanted to see if there were any other options.
There is another store nearby that I have yet to visit which carries some of the other brands http://www.denimbaronline.com/store/index.asp?DEPARTMENT_ID=38
there's also the Barney and Diesel outlet and Nordstorm Rack.

Have others tried washing their raw jeans say every 2/3 weeks, if so any negative impact? Naked & Famous is something I can try on nearby, any thoughts why COH or Levi's Made & Crafted are not good.

OneBeLo

Reaction score
Bonobos made in USA cone denim. With a coupon code you can find anywhere, they are exactly $100. A lot of people might not like their straight fit for being too lose in the thighs, but they just came out with a slim fit; I myself love the straight fit just fine because I do have thighs ha-ha. $100 for made in the USA cone denim seems like a damn good bargain to me, seeing as how mass-produced jeans from Banana Republic are the same price (some anyway).

http://www.bonobos.com/pants-shorts/premium-denim

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads