• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Reccomend some housewarming party snacks

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Cary Grant
+1 on these.

Additionally, a small cracker with a small amount of a good blue cheese, even a smoked blue, drizzled with a light, floral honey like basswood
inlove.gif

Yea, if you get a nice semi-soft blue like maybe St. Agur or Blue D'auvergne (2 ones i like a lot and come in a solid size wedge) you can filet it open to make it a bit thinner and more surface area. Drizzle a bit of nice honey over it, chop up some macarona almonds real fine and sprinkle it over. Guests can spread it onto crackers or whatever. Easy and tasty. Plus it's a way even people who normally don't like blue cheese will eat it

The same concept can be applied to other things like a brie or robiola type thing. Filet it open and spread something on.

Also, can buy a small wheel of cheap brie, filet it, stuff it with some kind of jam/chutney/spread and maybe some raisins, walnuts, whatever and then put the top back on and put more of the jam/nuts on top. Can bake a little bit.

Or can make Brie en Croute. Much easier to do than you think. Coating with an egg wash is usually key for a nice brown crust. Can also brush with a light apricot or whatever glaze at the end for a shine. Lots of ways to make easy but tasty brie en croute

BDC2823

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gdl203
Take a date, take the pit out, stuff it w roquefort or other blue cheese, wrap it with bacon, stick a toothpick through it, stick all these dates on a sheet in the oven. You can alternate blue cheese and almonds for other flavors and textures.
+1. I made these for Christmas appetizers. KWilkie helped me out in giving me options and recipes and I ended up making this along with prosciutto wrapped melon, bruschetta, and shrimp stuffed mushrooms. All came out great and would recommend for the OP as well.

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
french loaf round / crostini plus: fruit (strawberry?) jam, slice of bree, one walnut olive paste spread, slice of goats cheese, slice of (jarred) roast red pepper slice of buffalo motzarella, tomato, 1 basil leaf, drizzle olive oil. Simple but a winner.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Here is what I am looking at now...will probably post some pictures...

-Cheese puffs stuffed with crab salad
-deviled eggs
-sausage puff pastries
-cannellini bean dip with carrots/jicama/celery
-peanut butter rice krispy bars
-Scandinavian almond cake

I may add a little bit more...some pita/hummus and stuffed dates depending on what my final shopping trip entails

ChicagoRon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you can afford it, tuna poke is always a good one. I make mine a little non-traditional. I don't know measurements.. I do it to taste:

Tuna (sashimi grade) cubed at about 2cm

Marinate overnight in a mixture of (in order of quantity from most to least):

Soy Sauce
Rice vinegar
Sugar
Sesame Oil
Mirin
Siracha
Fish Sauce
Scallions

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
If you have to preface it with "If you can afford it..." then I'm gonna go with no
smile.gif
...Maybe if it were a smaller party or a dinner party

Second half of the cheese puff shells are in the oven now...first half I made maybe a little too big. Then I cut the tops off, and scoop out any doughy bits that are on the inside.

I figured these would be the best part to make tonight in terms of keeping (since I only want the outer shell and it will be stuffed with cold crab salad). They are actually more like popovers than I thought they would be so I am wondering if I should wait to cut them open and scoop out anything left on the inside until I am ready to fill them...also not sure if I should store them completely airtight or not. Pics will come with the rest of the stuff

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
If you buy pita and cut into bite size pieces, lay flat on a baking sheet, spritz with olive oil and S&P then bake until dry and crunchy. makes a great cracker. Pour Hummus into zip lock bag, cut off corner to make quick and dirty piping bag, spread onto crackers, add drop of tahini, chili oil and zatar spice.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads