1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Reccomend me something from UO

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by MelonSnapple, Jan 10, 2011.

1. MelonSnapple

MelonSnapple Active Member

2. MelonSnapple

Im not sure what color to get. i already have taupe. Its great.

3. Makeshift_Robot

Makeshift_Robot Senior member

Im not sure what color to get. i already have taupe. Its great.

Maroon and olive are great if you do lots of earth tones. Chocolate brown and plum are great with black shoes. Golden khaki is pretty sharp and versatile. I don't understand the point of black corduroy. I don't actually know which colors are offered, but I hope that helps.

4. chasingred

chasingred Senior member

Honestly, you'd do better by selling that credit on eBay, take the ~$25 you'd get for it, and put it towards something else.

5. Makeshift_Robot

^ Levis cords aren't actually that bad though.

6. bananananana

bananananana Senior member

7. Makeshift_Robot

^Nike x Walter van Beirendonck?

8. skitlets

skitlets Senior member

Dockers waders, cheap canvas shoes, levis?

9. chasingred

chasingred Senior member

^ Levis cords aren't actually that bad though.
    Not a bad recommendation, really. Probably the best recommendation you can make for UO. It's a personal preference, of course, but I just really don't like the 511 cut. What are those? Like $40 right now? I bought a pair of Mabitex cords for $65 on here, and I think they're much better than the Levis 511s. Just seems like the OP should take the money and put it into something else. To the OP - I had to run and errand right now and stopped into an UO just for you. I even tried a few things on. Indeed, I think there's nothing worthwhile there to be had. Once you actually throw something on, you'll see the material and cut of things there are just awful. Just take that money and use it for something that's actually worth wearing. If you have to buy something, put it towards one of their non-gimmicky "apartment item" offers. They sell headphones and portable speakers. They also sell Holgas. I know those are played to death by hipsters, but if you ignore that aspect, they're actually kind of fun to play around with.

10. blank

blank Senior member

if they fit you, then definitely the BDG tees. those are awesome.

11. Cheese1

Cheese1 Senior member

Dockers waders, cheap canvas shoes, levis?
    This + unbranded jeans. As long as you don't mind getting them hemmed they're great for the price.

12. MelonSnapple

Not a bad recommendation, really. Probably the best recommendation you can make for UO. It's a personal preference, of course, but I just really don't like the 511 cut. What are those? Like $40 right now? I bought a pair of Mabitex cords for $65 on here, and I think they're much better than the Levis 511s. Just seems like the OP should take the money and put it into something else.

To the OP - I had to run and errand right now and stopped into an UO just for you. I even tried a few things on. Indeed, I think there's nothing worthwhile there to be had. Once you actually throw something on, you'll see the material and cut of things there are just awful. Just take that money and use it for something that's actually worth wearing.

If you have to buy something, put it towards one of their non-gimmicky "apartment item" offers. They sell headphones and portable speakers. They also sell Holgas. I know those are played to death by hipsters, but if you ignore that aspect, they're actually kind of fun to play around with.

I'm kind of thinking about the holga. thank you for stopping at uo for me. ill check out those mabitex also. I'm kind of set on headphones and speakers though. I got Grado phones and bose speakers for my record player.

13. East2West

East2West Senior member

14. MelonSnapple

15. notwithit

notwithit Senior member

I'm totally feeding a special flower thread here, but with the 20% off promotion, you could snag some Frye Roper boots (made in the USA, unlike a good chunk of their stuff, which is supposed to be post-NAFTA terrible) for only $130 on your end.