• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Reasons why New York Sucks

Status
Not open for further replies.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
So i'm not starting my own thread because no one responds to those. A buddy and i are going to nyc for a week over xmas. First time. We are single dudes in our mid twenties. What neighborhood is good for a poverty hotel?

Sorta last minute. What's your budget? You need to base where you stay on your budget....not 'hood.

Try HI Hostel.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I love when people ask me where to stay in NYC. 1. I have no clue, I live here and don't stay in the hotels. 2. They are really asking if they can crash at my place.
I coming up this weekend. Any recommendations on where I should stay?

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The Jane hotel is pretty good. It has a very good restaurant and bar/club too.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I've gotten blackout drunk at the Jane Hotel bar probably more times than I can remember.

rnoldh

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I've gotten blackout drunk at the Jane Hotel bar probably more times than I can remember.

pB, did you ever grope a blonde lady from DC, that went on to become a Professor in California?

Last edited:

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Good call. The bar/lounge gets crazy crowded at night (massive lines outside around 11PM) but as a guest you get priority access.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
There is a neighborhood online board similar to Craigslist....just much smaller....and trustworthy.

So someone is bitching via a thread that their USPS, UPS, etc deliveries have been delayed/not updated.

I wonder if these people have any common sense and realize that it is ELEVEN days before Christmas! EVERYTHING will be delayed if you choose to order 99% of your items online anytime after Black Friday.

Someone actually updated the thread and asked...."Is it a Brooklyn thing or a USPS thing?"

Huh? It's a "you ordered late and just before the HOLIDAY thing!"

Geez!

Last edited:

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
This got me recently. I use this unscented Everyman Jack deodorant. It is the only unscented deodorant I have found that doesn't have aluminium in it. All other unscented ones have it in there. I couldn't care less about the cancer stories of aluminium in deodorant, I do care about it ruining my shirts with yellow stains, however. Anyway, stores here in NYC only carry it with stupid scents in it so I have to resort to buying it on their website. I hate this because they make you pay for shipping and I hate waiting for things. I ran out of my stock of unscented deodorant and bought a new stock online. In the meantime I bought one of their stinky scented ones at the store locally and figured the new shipment will be here soon. No, I ran out of that stick and it has been three weeks and I had to buy another stinky stick last night. This is like the fourth most stressful part of my life.

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This got me recently. I use this unscented Everyman Jack deodorant. It is the only unscented deodorant I have found that doesn't have aluminium in it. All other unscented ones have it in there. I couldn't care less about the cancer stories of aluminium in deodorant, I do care about it ruining my shirts with yellow stains, however. Anyway, stores here in NYC only carry it with stupid scents in it so I have to resort to buying it on their website. I hate this because they make you pay for shipping and I hate waiting for things. I ran out of my stock of unscented deodorant and bought a new stock online. In the meantime I bought one of their stinky scented ones at the store locally and figured the new shipment will be here soon. No, I ran out of that stick and it has been three weeks and I had to buy another stinky stick last night. This is like the fourth most stressful part of my life.
Couldn't love this any more, and couldn't agree any more.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
So there was some sort of domestic incident in my building yesterday. Apparently a bloodied woman was running from apartment to apartment banging on doors for help. They have hazmat people cleaning up all of the blood in the hallways. As shocking and sad as this may be I couldn't help but think of the American Psycho scene where Bateman is chasing that woman through the building with a chainsaw while only wearing sneakers.

I hate the people in my building. So hazmat came and ended up throwing away some of the doormats because they got blood on them. The whiniest woman is demanding the building pay for her to get a new doormat. Now all of the other whiners are jumping on the bandwagon and the building is buying 12 doormats. Why exactly is this a building issue? Buy your own damn doormat, or better yet make the bloodied person and/or their assailant buy them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads