• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Reasons why New York Sucks

Status
Not open for further replies.

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score
I don't wear a mask while cycling or going on brief walks either but I'm in DC. Per the gothamist article I find it hilarious to see people freak out about walking past each other on sidewalks. A runner will sometimes leave the sidewalk and run on the road (where cars could be). Is it really that risky to run or walk past someone for... half a second or so?
Yes.

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score
I'm not sure i see the reason to wear a mask while exercising alone. Seems excessive.
I think the point is that, at least in major cities, you’re rarely exercising “alone”. Especially if it’s a moving exercise like running or cycling and yo
Doing burpees or push-ups off by yourself might be a different story.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
of all things hard to do, wear mask got to be relative easy, no?

both officer that died were ~mid 50 years old who were working from office most of the time, I guess they got it from the foot patrol guys, you might be all right, I might be all right, most of us will be all right, but I don't think those two officer (in a police force on the island <20~30 for sure) could stay home even if they want, this is not even chinese style lock down, just asking people to wear mask when going out...

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't wear a mask while cycling or going on brief walks either but I'm in DC. Per the gothamist article I find it hilarious to see people freak out about walking past each other on sidewalks. A runner will sometimes leave the sidewalk and run on the road (where cars could be). Is it really that risky to run or walk past someone for... half a second or so?
Makes me mental. I've had people start arguments over my lack of freak out. I wear a mask, and will walk as far away from a pedestrian as physically possible (in other words...acting like a normal person), but there is absolutely zero chance I'm going to walk in shrubbery and/or street gutters.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I have been breaking so many rules. If you knew, you would all cry like little babies.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
it's easy to be interest tough guy..., I mean what's the big deal with wearing mask, you're young, I'm young, but think about others around you, your 50 years old immigrant delivery guy isn't spring chicken exactly...

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Lol, I don't get deliveries. I go to the grocery store. Anyway, if the delivery guy doesn't have it now, he's probably in the clear.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
how about the 50 years old nurse in PPE all day at work? I mean it's just a mask...

edit: also what makes you think all the deliver guy would have it by now..., also your next door grocery is probably going to have some 50 years old there too, no?

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I'm not sure what your argument is here? That I don't like wearing a mask? If I "have to" I do, but as soon as I don't I rip it off.

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Stopped off in a park today and as I was walking back to my car in the empty lot, a truck pulled into the spot next to mine. I stay back a bit to let them exit and the passenger gets out between our two cars and then just hangs out there. I finally ask her to move so I can get into my car and she gives me a dirty look and slowly ambles off.

Twenty minutes later, I’m at a CVS and the second person in line staying well back from the guy in front of me. The clerk, wearing a ****** cloth mask, sneezes three times into her hand through the mask and then grabs the guy’s stuff to ring him up. I say, “Miss, you need to go wash your hands before you help anyone.” She rolls her eyes and says, “I’m wearing a mask.”

I drop my stuff and flee.

We’re all going to die.

lefty

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Nah, a lot more than majority of us will live, just more dead than is necessary...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads