• We would like welcome Enzo Custom as an official Affiliate Vendor. Specializing in custom tailored clothing, and with seven showrooms throughout the country, they are dedicated to guiding you in person through their many options to produce your perfect fitting suit. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Reasons why New York Sucks

steveoffice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
my daughter is 1.5 and im stressed out about pre-k. do i just send her to a private school? do i have to move to uws? do i move to shorthills???

steveoffice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
did u go there? ugh 40k a year. which is about the same as how much i spend on a nanny right now, but i'll need to make more money if i want to invest/buy a house... also not really sure how i feel about private schools.

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
also why private school when i can get a patek every year
I stopped collecting watches when my kids were born
(does that answer the question? ;))

lawyerdad

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
my daughter is 1.5 and im stressed out about pre-k. do i just send her to a private school? do i have to move to uws? do i move to shorthills???
I get it, but my advice is to chill. Look at a few options. Your daughter may get to go to the preschool that most impresses you, or she may not. But she'll still go to preschool, she'll still learn to sing the alphabet song and not bite her friends. I'm no expert, but my anecdotal experience as a parent has been that finding the "best" school for your kid's personality and aptitudes is much more important from about 4th or 5th grade when they actually start being asked to do some sustained reading and analysis, real math, etc. Before that it's really just about socialization, although obviously you want to make sure they're learning building block stuff like basic reading and addition/subtraction at roughly the right pace.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I get it, but my advice is to chill. Look at a few options. Your daughter may get to go to the preschool that most impresses you, or she may not. But she'll still go to preschool, she'll still learn to sing the alphabet song and not bite her friends.
+1

steveoffice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
but the pathway to good elementary/middle school is pre-k right?

thatboyo

Reaction score
Middle school is mostly based on where you live. There’s a few where you take a test to get in but most just go to their local one.

lawyerdad

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
but the pathway to good elementary/middle school is pre-k right?
That's mostly marketing bullshit that preys upon parents' desire to always do the "best" for their kids. "If your kid doesn't go to this pre-school they won't get into this middle school, which means they won't get to go to this high school and will have almost no chance at getting into Stanford and will end up dying in an alley with a needle in their arm!"
Kids have a way of becoming who they're supposed to no matter how hard we try to fuck it up.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
That's mostly marketing bullshit that preys upon parents' desire to always do the "best" for their kids. "If your kid doesn't go to this pre-school they won't get into this middle school, which means they won't get to go to this high school and will have almost no chance at getting into Stanford and will end up dying in an alley with a needle in their arm!"
Kids have a way of becoming who they're supposed to no matter how hard we try to fuck it up.

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite type of loafer?

• Tassel loafers

• Penny loafers

• Horsebit loafers

• Kiltie loafers

• I hate loafers

Results are only viewable after voting.