1. Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.

Reasons why New York Sucks

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by Manton, Aug 26, 2012.

1. brianoh

brianoh Senior Member

What's with the weather? How bout them Yankees?

2. Rumpelstiltskin

Rumpelstiltskin Distinguished Member

Meanwhile after 20something years in DC I'm seriously considering moving back to NY. I couldn't do Queens again though

3. ballmouse

ballmouse Distinguished Member

Long Island City is already becoming the next hot neighborhood. And Queens arguably has the best breweries of all the NYC boroughs.

4. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Stylish Dinosaur Dubiously Honored

They have been saying Long Island city is up and coming for 20 years. Other than two blocks of a couple eateries and no grocery store nobody wants to actually live there and nobody wants to visit anybody that does.

5. rnoldh

rnoldh Stylish Dinosaur

I lived in the city and Brooklyn back in the 1960s. Back then we considered Long Island City to be BumF*ck and a Sh*thole.

Things have changed considerably I see, and today it's considered to be B..................., and a ...............

6. clee1982

clee1982 Stylish Dinosaur

LIC is only nice around river front if you ask me

7. Griffindork

Griffindork Guest

Yes, although now they are saying it because amazon is bringing 25,000 rich people to work there. Prolly gonna change things a little.

8. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Stylish Dinosaur Dubiously Honored

Put it this way, Amazon employees are going to live in Manhattan, Greenpoint, or Williamsburg.

9. romafan

romafan Distinguished Member

Our kids play hockey in "LIC", although I think it is a lot closer to Sunnyside (other side of the tracks, east of VanDam). It's funny that they've been calling that neighborhood 'LIC" for the last decade in an effort to fool people. Just goes to show that when the choice is less-well-known, non-waterfront area people will be happy to associate w/ something as middling as LIC