1. Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.

Reasons why New York Sucks

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by Manton, Aug 26, 2012.

1. ballmouse

ballmouse Distinguished Member

I don't know if they have rolls, but I think you can buy them in sheets of 20 or so. I don't recall any volume discount either, so it might be worth looking into.

2. Churchill W

Churchill W Distinguished Member

I don't think they do them in rolls in the machines. I think they are provided as sheets. Probably more green to get them as rolls of stamps.

I use that post office from time to time and usually do not have any issues with the tellers.

3. sugarbutch

sugarbutch Bearded Prick Dubiously Honored

Stopping and frisking some black guy who's just trying to go home?

4. poorsod

poorsod Distinguished Member

I just got a “city” cord of firewood. Any recommendations on how to stack it? Do you keep them in the plastic bags until they need to be used?

Any recommendations for a good looking firewood rack?

5. lefty

lefty Distinguished Member

Who said he was black?

Inside? How long do you expect to have this around? A rack takes up a lot of floor space.

Though I have a ton of wood on my property and a w/b fireplace in my apt, I only use duraflames in NYC. Just found them to be much easier to deal with.

lefty

6. poorsod

poorsod Distinguished Member

Yeah inside. I’ve used duraflames before but this season I’m trying out kiln dried wood. I don’t know how fast I’ll go through the firewood this season.

7. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Stylish Dinosaur Dubiously Honored

Weather has been real good.

8. sugarbutch

sugarbutch Bearded Prick Dubiously Honored

I wasn't suggesting the assailant was black, just offering a possible answer for where the cops were. :)

9. patrickBOOTH

I was confronted outside of a bar last weekend by a guy asking for money. I said I didn't have cash and he tried to get me to go to an ATM machine. I said no, sorry man. He exploded on me "You're not sorry, say it, say it! Say what you want to say!! Say eff, you, I'm not sorry!"

The other guy I mentioned a long while ago is still in the mix. I guy I gave money to once upon a time is ALWAYS there trying to get money out of me, on top of it whatever I get him he rolls his eyes because it isn't enough. I feel hostage on my own block because he's always there seemingly waiting for me. Ca Suffit! I have a new policy now, nobody on the street gets money.

10. patrickBOOTH

So there was some sort of domestic incident in my building yesterday. Apparently a bloodied woman was running from apartment to apartment banging on doors for help. They have hazmat people cleaning up all of the blood in the hallways. As shocking and sad as this may be I couldn't help but think of the American Psycho scene where Bateman is chasing that woman through the building with a chainsaw while only wearing sneakers.

11. Big Pun

Big Pun Distinguished Member

So i'm not starting my own thread because no one responds to those. A buddy and i are going to nyc for a week over xmas. First time. We are single dudes in our mid twenties. What neighborhood is good for a poverty hotel?

12. lefty

lefty Distinguished Member

13. Churchill W

Churchill W Distinguished Member

I took a tour of this hostel during Open House NY last year and it seemed nice, though I don't have any experience with staying in hostels. It's possibly too short notice to book though.

Only downside is you will need to travel to get to attractions.

14. patrickBOOTH

I love when people ask me where to stay in NYC. 1. I have no clue, I live here and don't stay in the hotels. 2. They are really asking if they can crash at my place.

15. clee1982

clee1982 Stylish Dinosaur

How cheap?