• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Reasons why New York Sucks

ballmouse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I considered this but wasn't sure if they sold the 100 stamp rolls. Plus, half the machines have 'out of service' signs, and the day before some guy had the supervisor tied up with tales of woe regarding 'the new machines, none of which work!"
I don't know if they have rolls, but I think you can buy them in sheets of 20 or so. I don't recall any volume discount either, so it might be worth looking into.

Churchill W

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I considered this but wasn't sure if they sold the 100 stamp rolls. Plus, half the machines have 'out of service' signs, and the day before some guy had the supervisor tied up with tales of woe regarding 'the new machines, none of which work!"
I don't think they do them in rolls in the machines. I think they are provided as sheets. Probably more green to get them as rolls of stamps.

I use that post office from time to time and usually do not have any issues with the tellers.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I think he was less entitled than just off.

As to the other guy, I haven't seen that kind of behavior here. It could be a reaction to too many tourists, gentrification, bad day or just general assholishness. I think the latter. I think he picked the obvious tourists as he knew they wouldn't do anything.

Where's a cop when you need one?

lefty
Stopping and frisking some black guy who's just trying to go home?

poorsod

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just got a “city” cord of firewood. Any recommendations on how to stack it? Do you keep them in the plastic bags until they need to be used?

Any recommendations for a good looking firewood rack?

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Stopping and frisking some black guy who's just trying to go home?
Who said he was black?

I just got a “city” cord of firewood. Any recommendations on how to stack it? Do you keep them in the plastic bags until they need to be used?

Any recommendations for a good looking firewood rack?
Inside? How long do you expect to have this around? A rack takes up a lot of floor space.

Though I have a ton of wood on my property and a w/b fireplace in my apt, I only use duraflames in NYC. Just found them to be much easier to deal with.

lefty

poorsod

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Inside? How long do you expect to have this around? A rack takes up a lot of floor space.

Though I have a ton of wood on my property and a w/b fireplace in my apt, I only use duraflames in NYC. Just found them to be much easier to deal with.

lefty
Yeah inside. I’ve used duraflames before but this season I’m trying out kiln dried wood. I don’t know how fast I’ll go through the firewood this season.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I was confronted outside of a bar last weekend by a guy asking for money. I said I didn't have cash and he tried to get me to go to an ATM machine. I said no, sorry man. He exploded on me "You're not sorry, say it, say it! Say what you want to say!! Say eff, you, I'm not sorry!"

The other guy I mentioned a long while ago is still in the mix. I guy I gave money to once upon a time is ALWAYS there trying to get money out of me, on top of it whatever I get him he rolls his eyes because it isn't enough. I feel hostage on my own block because he's always there seemingly waiting for me. Ca Suffit! I have a new policy now, nobody on the street gets money.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
So there was some sort of domestic incident in my building yesterday. Apparently a bloodied woman was running from apartment to apartment banging on doors for help. They have hazmat people cleaning up all of the blood in the hallways. As shocking and sad as this may be I couldn't help but think of the American Psycho scene where Bateman is chasing that woman through the building with a chainsaw while only wearing sneakers.

Big Pun

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So i'm not starting my own thread because no one responds to those. A buddy and i are going to nyc for a week over xmas. First time. We are single dudes in our mid twenties. What neighborhood is good for a poverty hotel?

Churchill W

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So i'm not starting my own thread because no one responds to those. A buddy and i are going to nyc for a week over xmas. First time. We are single dudes in our mid twenties. What neighborhood is good for a poverty hotel?
I took a tour of this hostel during Open House NY last year and it seemed nice, though I don't have any experience with staying in hostels. It's possibly too short notice to book though.

Only downside is you will need to travel to get to attractions.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
How cheap?

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite type of loafer?

• Tassel loafers

• Penny loafers

• Horsebit loafers

• Kiltie loafers

• I hate loafers

Results are only viewable after voting.