• We would like to welcome American Trench as an official Affiliate Vendor. American Trench is a Philadelphia based outerwear, apparel, and accessories brand, making all of its products in the United States at (mostly) family owned factories. . Please visit the American Trench thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Reasons why New York Sucks

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
The property tax abatement on my condo is phasing out. My property taxes went up 500% this year.

Churchill W

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does this mean sunrise mart is going under too?
Sunrise Mart still has a few other locations in the city, so I want to say no?

I'm not sure how accurate this info is, but Tony Yoshida is listed as the president of Sunrise Mart and may be the same Yoshida family that runs Angel's share. They also have a bar in Industry City called Oldies.

I wonder if the Angel's Share Annex a few doors down is impacted by this lease expiration. Don't recall if it's the same building or not.

King Calder

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Longshot but does anyone have any advice for moving to the city? I am moving to NYC in April and am totally flabbergasted by the (1) high prices on the (2) slim stock of apartments right now. Looking on sites like Streeteasy and Zillow, I've never lived in NYC before so I am feeling super intimidated about how to find a place that totally doesn't destroy my budget.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
My friends live in Hoboken and they like it. Maybe look at areas on the NJ side that’s right near NYC.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
My friends live in Hoboken and they like it. Maybe look at areas on the NJ side that’s right near NYC.
All those people on the west side of Manhattan are paying big bank for a view of Hoboken. You can live in Hoboken for less and have a view of Manhattan!
Well.gif

Featured Sponsor

What do you spend most of your clothing budget on?

• Outerwear

• Tailoring

• Sportswear

• Footwear

• Accessories

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
igac