• We would like to welcome Pete and Harry as an official Affiliate Vendor. Pete and Harry, co-founded by Erik (EFV) one of our long time members and friends, offers a wide variety of products, clothes, watches and accessories, antique, vintage, “pre-loved” and new - all at unparalleled prices. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Reasons why New York Sucks

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Speaking of which does anybody know of any good non for profits related to mental health/homlessness in Nyc? I have tried googling and it is hard, especially when it seems like there's dirt on so many of them.

Go Surface

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I thought the pandemic would bring an end to “Free hugs” signs, alas, I was wrong. 😑

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
recreational use of the marijuana moving forward or something.

so you can recreationally carry roughly $1,500 worth of weed around for your entire recreation party.

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
Speaking of which does anybody know of any good non for profits related to mental health/homlessness in Nyc? I have tried googling and it is hard, especially when it seems like there's dirt on so many of them.
my friend with the awesome hair that's not you likely has resources or knows of them.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

The Bowery Mission.

I have volunteered with them many times and donated clothing going back years. I CAN'T attest to if there are any shady dealings within the org or if anyone is fiddling around. I can just say that they are trying to help those in need.

The highlight of my holiday season(Thanksgiving > NYD) is volunteering on Thanksgiving Day at the Bowery Mission. I do this EVERY year save for this past one during COVID.

(I have zero affiliation. No one I know works there other than the people I see just about every Thanksgiving.)

Last edited:

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

usctrojans31

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Bowery Mission.

I have volunteered with them many times and donated clothing going back years. I CAN'T attest to if there are any shady dealings within the org or if anyone is fiddling around. I can just say that they are trying to help those in need.

The highlight of my holiday season(Thanksgiving > NYD) is volunteering on Thanksgiving Day at the Bowery Mission. I do this EVERY year save for this past one during COVID.

(I have zero affiliation. No one I know works there other than the people I see just about every Thanksgiving.)

Second this. My wife also volunteers there.

Here's its financial report card from Charity Navigator in case anyone is worried about the shadiness.

One thing to note. Bowery Mission is religiously affiliated if that is an issue.

romafan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
That sucks, but I'm not sure that's why New York sucks

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Don't envy him but I envy the Porsche 911s he'll be able to purchase after he settles with ConEd and the City.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I never got a chance to go...

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Sneakers with tailoring: yes, no, maybe?

• No, never.

• Yes, it can be done tastefully.

• Not sure.

Results are only viewable after voting.